Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    I attending Kensington and Chelsea college for an Access to HE Science course this past year. All I can say is that is has been nothing short of a shambles, right to the end. If you are considering going there, or have signed up already, please don't. PM if you would like any other details.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Arianna427)
    Hi!
    I attending Kensington and Chelsea college for an Access to HE Science course this past year. All I can say is that is has been nothing short of a shambles, right to the end. If you are considering going there, or have signed up already, please don't. PM if you would like any other details.
    In the interest of transparency, I think you should say what your problems with this college were publicly in this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    In the interest of transparency, I think you should say what your problems with this college were publicly in this thread.
    There were many problems throughout the course, alongside the whole college being incredibly disorganised.
    The teaching recieved was poor, especially in chemistry, where the teacher often googled during class as he couldn't answer any questions. The practical science unit was to devise your own experiment and write it up, this was given to us in December and due to HUGE delays in getting chemicals and equipment ordered, I didn't complete my experiment until April. This put me under a lot of stress as the final term was crammed into 5 weeks of teaching and included deadlines for 5 other units.
    Last but certainly not least, the college delayed the external moderators coming in for so long that we haven't received our exam results. I was due to send them into King's College today and as I haven't got them yet, King's have let me know that my place is no longer guaranteed. I worked extremely hard to achieve the best grades I could and Kensington and Chelsea college have proved themselves to be the most incompetent ****heads that they possibly could be.

A quote from our chemistry teacher that I will never forget "the Big Bang was due to two rocks hitting together".

So if you would like to pay £3.5 for a years worth of terrible education and at the end of it, possibly not even get into the uni that you have received an offer for, attend Kensington and Chelsea College for a great time!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm just wondering if you finally got your certificate and were able to start at Kings College this year?

ReputationRep:
    Don’t stress LC.. don’t forget that a level results don’t come in until the third week of August. It sounds like this person was incredibly unlucky.It’d not been that organised the last few weeks but that sounds like a very different chemistry teacher to the one we had!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.