The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
AdamC
Monthly Contract! Fortunately I don't have to pay for any of this... hehehe

The GX30 is £50 on a £30 tariff, likewise for the 7610. The only network that gives you the 7610 free is on the YP120 with Orange. Depends on where you go to get the phone.
Reply 21
BTW If anyone does any overseas calling, don't use your contract sim.
Reply 22
AdamC
YEH! Thats it! lol

Do you think the GX30 has this? Coz i read the GX30's bluetooth abilites are kinda limited. You can only use the bluetooth for like headsets and stuff, not to transfer data!?

It has an Infrared thingy tho!

hmm... i would have hought if u have bluetooth you can use it to send data, not too sure about it.

anyone else??
Reply 23
Bhaal85

how comes...i heard that the person you call is chrged like zillions...is that tru?
Reply 24
I read somewhere that a Sony Ericsson S700 was coming out soon.

That looks like a nifty little phone. But when it it going to come out!? And will it be on Vodafone? I am itching for a new phone and don't think i can wait a month! lol
Reply 25
AdamC
I read somewhere that a Sony Ericsson S700 was coming out soon.

That looks like a nifty little phone. But when it it going to come out!? And will it be on Vodafone? I am itching for a new phone and don't think i can wait a month! lol

So buy a new phone, then dispose of it once a phone you REALLY want comes out. Simple. :eek:
Reply 26
Yeh, but if i "break" my phone by accident when a new one comes out, they won't just give me a new one free! Unless I was to insure the phone with Vodafone cover, and then it accidentally fall into a puddle of water.... lol
oh great!
i need a new phon for uni!
can anyone give me any adivice?
i want a nokia, hows the 6260? it looks nice :redface:
rahaydenuk
Be careful with Vodafone, they seem to be one of the worst for bastardising phones. On my new SE K700i they've even disabled the ability to have your own MP3s as ringtones (you have to download theirs at extortionate prices!). I've e-mailed them though and apparently they are releasing a fix for it in September after loads of complaints.

Hi, I'm looking to buy the SE k700i on o2, could you give me your opinion on it? Is it quite big, cos thats what i'm worried about. Also does the silver colouring scratch off from around the screen? Any help/comments would be good.
Reply 29
Get a Sony Ericsson p900. Sorted :biggrin:
Reply 30
It's too big! And square! lol
www.vodafone.com

Hope that helps! x
Reply 32
on the topic of mobiles

which other providers would you recommned?
Reply 33
Bhaal85

What should I use then? My best mate is moving to France and several family members are in the states.

Is it just vodafone that is expensive or should Orange and O2 be better?
Reply 34
Vodafone may be expensive, but they are very good. Their customer care is second to none!! I have had no problems connecting to a network using Vodafone when abroad... even in places like Russia!
Reply 35
AdamC
Vodafone may be expensive, but they are very good. Their customer care is second to none!! I have had no problems connecting to a network using Vodafone when abroad... even in places like Russia!

Seconded, and their coverage is second to none
Reply 36
AdamC
If anyone works in Vodafone, that would be great! lol

I am looking to get a new phone, and this is the kind of thing that I want. Any suggestions? So far my only choice seems to be the Sharp GX30, is there anything better?

I want....

- 1 megapixel camera
- mp3 playback
- memory card/slot (like MMC or SD)
- bluetooth

Also.... what phones have that feature where you can locate people near you on your phone and send them free texts. Like on the train sending "I can see you" to a complete stranger whose name appears on a list of nearby phones on ur phone?

Thanks for your help :smile:

Does this look like a Which? guide to mobile phones? Make an effort to find this information out on a forum other than UK Learning.
Reply 37
vienna95
Does this look like a Which? guide to mobile phones? Make an effort to find this information out on a forum other than UK Learning.

That's a bit harsh vienna, there are members who could help, bhaal is the resident mobile expert.
This is general chat, vienna :confused: Do you expect people to talk about maths problems in general chat?
Reply 39
Lord Huntroyde
That's a bit harsh vienna, there are members who could help, bhaal is the resident mobile expert.

A quick discussion on opinions over networks or deals etc, fine. Count up how many computer, mp3 player, mobile phone threads there are. Posting here for a user guide to every model is out of order.

Latest

Trending

Trending