Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, Tomorrow I sit for my exit score tests... QCS... anyway. Im not particularly worried becuase well, you cant study for them. What I am worried about though is getting in there and having a mild freak out.

I know you guys went through this not long ago, any tips for keeping calm incase the **** hits the fan?

ReputationRep:
    What is QCS and why cant you study for them&/(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Hi guys, Tomorrow I sit for my exit score tests... QCS... anyway. Im not particularly worried becuase well, you cant study for them. What I am worried about though is getting in there and having a mild freak out.

I know you guys went through this not long ago, any tips for keeping calm incase the **** hits the fan?
    oooh good luck!!! erm keep yourself as busy as possible! go out, go shopping/window shopping, cinema, pub, day trip, anywhere. just get out the house and prevent yourself from sitting on UKL getting nervous!! (like i did) and have an early night

what are these exams anyway? what do you have to do in them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    oooh good luck!!! erm keep yourself as busy as possible! go out, go shopping/window shopping, cinema, pub, day trip, anywhere. just get out the house and prevent yourself from sitting on UKL getting nervous!! (like i did) and have an early night

what are these exams anyway? what do you have to do in them?
    Queensland Core Skills by order of the Queensland Studies Authority.
    ok we have 2 days of exams...

1st Paper is a writing piece with an unseen stimulus... eg, one year it was faces, time, space etc... pretty easy, the only problem is thinking of an interesting story becuase you cant write any old piece of crap. We have 2 hours for that.

2nd Paper is multiple chioce and that has questions from EVERY subject on it (supposedly!) we get 2 hours for that...

The next day
    1st Paper, short response 2 hours, same deal
    2nd paper, the 2nd multi chioce. 2 hrs...

Everything is unseen so you dont know whats on there. Thats why its gay, I mean there is a lot more maths **** on it than my other literary subjects that are worth more than maths.

I think im just going to do 2 and a half hours at the gym..

ReputationRep:
    OK GOT THROUGH DAY 1!!!!

Did fantastic on the first paper the writing piece, totally fu**ed up the unseen multi coice, many maths questions im like "f*&K! I dont do maths!" so it turned into a multiple guess form me.

I suppose thats ok as well becuase it bassed on how well the school does as a whole not the individual (thank god) and we have pretty smart people here. Ill still get a great O.P though, fingers crossed.

Hope things get better on day 2!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.