What's should I do for my a-levels? Medicine or teaching

Watch this thread
Aishah12345
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I don't know what I want to do for my a-levels
These are my combinations:
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Psychology

Or

Biology
Chemistry
Physics
English lit + Lang

Or

Biology
Chemistry
Maths
Psychology

Or

Biology
Chemistry
Maths
English lit + Lang

I want to do medicine at uni or a teaching course. I am predicted an A in physics and a 7 in maths. I am predicted 7s in English. I am predicted As in biology and chemistry. I don't know what to do. I'm just hoping my sixth form tutor will denounce one ( or three) of the combinations due to timetable conflicts to make it easier for me. I'm sort of just hoping I will know when I get my results. Can anyone help/give information on the course?
SummerAmber00
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
biology, chemistry, english lit+lang and maths sounds like a really solid combination of subjects! but be warned, those subjects will be hard, but if you're prepared to put in the effort you'll be fine! I'm applying for a teaching course at uni and you can get on that course with literally most A levels, so don't worry. but if you are thinking of medicine, you'll definitely need bio and chem.
Lemur14
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aishah12345)
I don't know what I want to do for my a-levels
These are my combinations:
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Psychology

Or

Biology
Chemistry
Physics
English lit + Lang

Or

Biology
Chemistry
Maths
Psychology

Or

Biology
Chemistry
Maths
English lit + Lang

I want to do medicine at uni or a teaching course. I am predicted an A in physics and a 7 in maths. I am predicted 7s in English. I am predicted As in biology and chemistry. I don't know what to do. I'm just hoping my sixth form tutor will denounce one ( or three) of the combinations due to timetable conflicts to make it easier for me. I'm sort of just hoping I will know when I get my results. Can anyone help/give information on the course?
What would you be looking at teaching? Unless it's physics or psychology I'd definitely pick the last option as it would be ideal subjects for both medicine and teaching. I wouldn't really suggest doing physics if you aren't doing maths, as maths often makes the physics much easier.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (61)
65.59%
No (25)
26.88%
I didn't use it to prepare (7)
7.53%

Watched Threads