The Student Room Group

EEA Migrant worker tuition fee reduced

Hello.

I have got my final maintenance loan and grant payment suspended this April due to my working hours reduced during term 3. Last week I received email from university that SFE paid £4500 instead of £9000 for my final year.I checked my SFE account and the final tuition fee payment is still blocked. Although in letters i Received from Migrant Worker Team was said only about maintenace support and nothing about tuition fees. Do tuition fees have something to do with working hours? Can my status be changed back to EU student to get the rest of fees to be paid to university? What should I do to solve this problem? Thank You.
Original post by Slowpoke99
Hello.

I have got my final maintenance loan and grant payment suspended this April due to my working hours reduced during term 3. Last week I received email from university that SFE paid £4500 instead of £9000 for my final year.I checked my SFE account and the final tuition fee payment is still blocked. Although in letters i Received from Migrant Worker Team was said only about maintenace support and nothing about tuition fees. Do tuition fees have something to do with working hours? Can my status be changed back to EU student to get the rest of fees to be paid to university? What should I do to solve this problem? Thank You.

All EU students are entitled to the tuition fee loan. You'd have to phone student finance to ask why.
Original post by Slowpoke99
Hello.

Hi Slowpoke99,

You can contact us on the number below and we can check the fees for you.

Tel: 0300 100 0607

(Open Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 8.00pm and between 9.00am and 4.00pm on Saturday and Sunday. Local call rates apply).

Thanks Catherine
Reply 3
Today I was in university and with student welfare advisor we called Migrant worker team. Advisor also sent my evidence by email. Advisor got response that they will reinstate the full funding.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending