?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
what are measuring techniques of physics
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Your question is not really clear. Do you want to know some measuring techniques in physics and their functions by naming or just a definition?

Measuring techniques are used to confirm expected or unexpected results for physical considerations to speak in general. With the evaluation of those results, physicists or another sicentist try to understand a physical law or to prove the existence of physical phenomena.

To name a current example: gravitational-wave observatory

With such a measuring technique, the phanomena of gravitational waves were proved in the young past. This observatory consists of vacuum tubes in which the light passes through till a photodetector which measures the distance of the light. It was known that gravitational waves cause a length contraction what changes the length of the vacuum tubes (and thus the distance of the light). Thanks to improvements in such measuring techniques, scientists were able to show this length contradiction. This measuring techniques gathered such contradicitons up to 10^-22 m. With such very sensitive techniques, the existence of those waves were found out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (113)
13.85%
I'm not sure (36)
4.41%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (249)
30.51%
I have already dropped out (20)
2.45%
I'm not a current university student (398)
48.77%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise