Turn on thread page Beta

IDing in London watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The Fine Line Bar near Aldgate station is a nice place to go, you can blag your way in usually, fake ID's work perfectly well here...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYaABBB)
    I heard that babycakes song, and it reminded me of you!
    lol, why?

(Original post by Tinykates)
    lol, why?
    I used to call you TastyKakes if you remember...... Tinykates, babycates, BabyCakes heheheh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYaABBB)
    I used to call you TastyKakes if you remember...... Tinykates, babycates, BabyCakes heheheh

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna be living in London this year - how much do nights out cost?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feedtheflamingo)
    I'm gonna be living in London this year - how much do nights out cost?
    WAY too much, especially if you're used to out of London prices

ReputationRep:
    good point

how much is a beer, or a shot in an average london club?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimée123)
    Can you recommend any good places to go?
    Corks Wine Bar on Bond Street.

ReputationRep:
    I rarely venture into central London for drinking because i'm scared of the prices, but you'll be looking at at least £2.50 a pint, and about the same for a shot...

ReputationRep:
    Some places can charge a fiver for a shot. In London most drinks are around a fiver...

ReputationRep:
    A small glass of orange juice cost me £4.50 at Po Na Na in High Street Kensington. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by who_me)
    Some places can charge a fiver for a shot. In London most drinks are around a fiver...
    :eek:
    Hmmm

ReputationRep:
    If you don't want to pay a fiver for drinks, don't go to the obvious places like Tantra, Chinawhite or bars in Kensington.

ReputationRep:
    What!?!??!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimée123)
    Bars preferably.
    Check out Pitcher and Piano on the King's Road. Awesome.

ReputationRep:
    I's stay wawy from the obvious underage hideouts of TCR/Piccadily/Leicester sq

Try Aldwich/Kingsway/Cov Garden areas or somewhere like Clerkenwell/Angel

ReputationRep:
    They saw you coming then!

Stick to Goose/Hogs Head/Lloyds/Wetherspoons - a double spirt and mixer will cost you about £2.60!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    I rarely venture into central London for drinking because i'm scared of the prices, but you'll be looking at at least £2.50 a pint, and about the same for a shot...
    If you can find me a pint for £2.50 anywhere nice in London I would be amazed. I pay that where I live. London I have paid £7 for vodka and orange. Typical beer is somewhere about 20p above £3 (maybe more).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    If you can find me a pint for £2.50 anywhere nice in London I would be amazed. I pay that where I live. London I have paid £7 for vodka and orange. Typical beer is somewhere about 20p above £3 (maybe more).

I live in Central London, and there are plenty of pubs round here where you can get a pint for less than £2.50! In fact, I don't think I often pay more than £2.60 for a pint - even of 'premium' lager

ReputationRep:
    London is gonna suck!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.