Turn on thread page Beta

IDing in London watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    I live in Central London, and there are plenty of pubs round here where you can get a pint for less than £2.50! In fact, I don't think I often pay more than £2.60 for a pint - even of 'premium' lager
    hmm - well I probably go to the wrong places. But take for example the pub opposite Victoria (is it the Crown?). Even that's pricey and it's nothing special...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    hmm - well I probably go to the wrong places. But take for example the pub opposite Victoria (is it the Crown?). Even that's pricey and it's nothing special...
    It's always a bad idea to drink in a 'station' pub. They always hike their prices up as they know they will get peeps who a) want a drink b) are in a hurry and c) will pay a bit more for it.

My fave City pub at the moment is The Print Works on Farringdon Road. It's a Lloyds (new wetherspoons thang) and bottles of San Miguel and Stella are £1.15 each! A G&T will set you back £1.40. Rock and Roll!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    It's always a bad idea to drink in a 'station' pub. They always hike their prices up as they know they will get peeps who a) want a drink b) are in a hurry and c) will pay a bit more for it.

My fave City pub at the moment is The Print Works on Farringdon Road. It's a Lloyds (new wetherspoons thang) and bottles of San Miguel and Stella are £1.15 each! A G&T will set you back £1.40. Rock and Roll!
    Oh right, I'll bear them in mind. Sound pretty good value for money. I hate being broke after drinking!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feedtheflamingo)
    London is gonna suck!
    Barring prices and stuff, which obviously are going to suck, you can have a great night out, every night in London, no matter where you are, or what you're doing, just because the atmosphere is so great. Prices won't matter eventually, you'll get used to them.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Really? Sometimes I find the atmosphere pretentious or, at the other end, trashy. I would NEVER say that London had a good atmosphere, the city in general just isn't that friendly in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterfly)
    ^ Really? Sometimes I find the atmosphere pretentious or, at the other end, trashy. I would NEVER say that London had a good atmosphere, the city in general just isn't that friendly in my opinion.
    Sounds like you need to get out of the trashy and pretentious bars then! The City rocks!

ReputationRep:
    I don't just mean the bars / clubs / nightlife now ... I mean the city as a whole :confused: It's intimidating ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterfly)
    I don't just mean the bars / clubs / nightlife now ... I mean the city as a whole :confused: It's intimidating ...
    Really? The hell holes like Oxford Circus are, but Central London on the whole isn't - especially The City. Only tourists and mentalist shoppers go to Oxford St - especially at the weekend

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.