The Student Room Group

Should I just crawl in a hole?

So, here's the thing. Me and my boyfriend have been together for around 2 and a half years and for the past 6 months or so I can literally count on one hand the amount of times we've had sex. we argue like cat and dog but when it's good it's amazing, I hate to say it but he is like my best friend and I do love him but I'm not sure I love him the way I did when I met him and I understand that when you've been with someone a while it's never the same as it was at the start but i feel like we've been together 10+ years. About 2 months ago I started I suppose "liking the look of" other people, specifically women, I've dabbled in sex with women when I was younger and never really thought anything of it but the feeling is getting stronger and stronger and I can't ignore it anymore. There's this one girl in particular I can't get out of my head. I do love my boyfriend but more as a friend and I'm so sure he feels the same, were not romantic at all, we sit and watch Netflix every night, I've put on a stone, he's put on 2, we bought a kitten and we go on holiday in 2 months and I'm utterly lost in this big f***ing mess. Advice is most definitely welcome
Now that's a pickle... have you or your partner considered an open relationship?
Original post by Tara880
So, here's the thing. Me and my boyfriend have been together for around 2 and a half years and for the past 6 months or so I can literally count on one hand the amount of times we've had sex. we argue like cat and dog but when it's good it's amazing, I hate to say it but he is like my best friend and I do love him but I'm not sure I love him the way I did when I met him and I understand that when you've been with someone a while it's never the same as it was at the start but i feel like we've been together 10+ years. About 2 months ago I started I suppose "liking the look of" other people, specifically women, I've dabbled in sex with women when I was younger and never really thought anything of it but the feeling is getting stronger and stronger and I can't ignore it anymore. There's this one girl in particular I can't get out of my head. I do love my boyfriend but more as a friend and I'm so sure he feels the same, were not romantic at all, we sit and watch Netflix every night, I've put on a stone, he's put on 2, we bought a kitten and we go on holiday in 2 months and I'm utterly lost in this big f***ing mess. Advice is most definitely welcome

Omg first of all switch this off and communicate! I know it sounds hard but if you've been with someone for 2+ years it shouldn't be, like you said he's your best friend, you need to bring this up because if you think he feels the same maybe you guys can get it all off your chest and work out what you want to do from there but the best thing you can do is jump straight in, don't think about it or you'll never do it and just tell him how you feel about him and FIRST see if you can work things out, like with your sex life and the arguments maybe, but if it's pretty apparent there's no sorting it out make sure he sees that and you can both discuss on whether to part ways or not, as for being into girls I know a lot of people that dabble in it and realise it's not their cup of tea, maybe you're just curious but I guess the only way you'll find out is to experiment (once single of course) but yeah like I said communication and honesty, I know it's 2017 but didn't think that would go out of fashion, talk to him not us! Good luck :smile:
Reply 3
When I was drunk I stupidly told him about this girl I have feelings for and he wasn't too happy, he's not the sharing type, we've briefly spoke about it and it's not open to the idea at all
Reply 4
When I was drunk I stupidly told him about this girl I have feelings for and he wasn't too happy, he's not the sharing type, we've briefly spoke about it and it's not open to the idea at all
Crawl in a hole you shall

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending