Can guests stay overnight at a hotel? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
If I have a room booked for one person, can I have a guest stay overnight? Should I ring the hotel and check?
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If I have a room booked for one person, can I have a guest stay overnight? Should I ring the hotel and check?
I doubt it. You'd have to ask though.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
It would depend on their terms and usually if you book on a per room or per person basis. If its planned and a per person basis then they will not like it. If you hooked up with someone a a club and they sleep the night then sneaked out, not a lot they could do. If its per room they may also like to sign the person in for health and safety plus they might try and charge.
Natasha.Cole
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
some expensive hotels have really serious rules about it, i hear.
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If it's a one person room (one bed) then I would say absolutely not because there will be health and safety rules for how many people can occupy a room.
If it's a more than one bed room and you paid for a room rather than a person, I see no reason the hotel couldn't accommodate the extra person if you asked.
If it's a big enough room and you paid for a person rather than a room, I expect you would be able to have them stay if they paid seeing as you already have the room booked..

Ring the hotel and ask.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Kindred)
If it's a one person room (one bed) then I would say absolutely not because there will be health and safety rules for how many people can occupy a room.
If it's a more than one bed room and you paid for a room rather than a person, I see no reason the hotel couldn't accommodate the extra person if you asked.
If it's a big enough room and you paid for a person rather than a room, I expect you would be able to have them stay if they paid seeing as you already have the room booked..

Ring the hotel and ask.
Think you got that the wrong way round.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (46)
75.41%
No I haven't decided yet (9)
14.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (6)
9.84%

Watched Threads