Remainers are ***** as well

Watch
This discussion is closed.
ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
"1 in 5 Remain voters would like to see Brexit cause economic damage just to teach Leave voters a lesson"

:indiff:
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Speaking as a "remainer", that 19% are morons.
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Seems reasonable. 5 out of 5 Brexiters want the same thing (unwhittingly). Since when could you untangle a bowl of cooked spagetti without make a mess or breaking the spagetti?
JamesN88
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
Seems reasonable. 5 out of 5 Brexiters want the same thing (unwhittingly).
:lol:
TheBBQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I can't count how many times I've told brexiters "I told you so" ever since the referendum was passed.
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
Seems reasonable. 5 out of 5 Brexiters want the same thing (unwhittingly). Since when could you untangle a bowl of cooked spagetti without make a mess or breaking the spagetti?
That is, by far, the worst analogy I've ever heard for Brexit.
generallee
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I don't think either side of the divide are (whatever lies behind the asterixs, I presume it rhymes with munts?).

It is a bitterly contentious issue, easily the most bitter subject in British history since the second world war. It is quite reasonable to disagree with great passion.

What has proved fatal for us, however, has been the refusal of most of the Remain side to accept the result.

It means that Brexit will be a disaster. We are a house divided, negotiating with ourselves, in an issue with huge stakes. HUGE stakes. And because of that we will get the worst "deal" imaginable.

My prediction? The talks will never come to a conclusion. The Norway deal was meant to be temporary and is already over twenty years old. We will continue to pay the big bucks to the EU every year with no say in how any of it is decided. (They can't face the hole in their budget). We won't be able to control immigration or conduct free trade deals with the rest of the world. It will be years of endless discussions about little details and legal issues.

Leavers will never accept this and will be constantly agitating to leave in reality, not just in name, Remainers will continue with the "we told you do. This is what you voted for." The wounds will never heal.

A clean Brexit was the only way to avoid this. But the General Election put an end to that. Democracy has failed and we are screwed, that is the long and short of it.
TheBBQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by generallee)
Your're a cu nt too then.
The price of sovereignty and control when you already have it is a steep one
FriendlyPenguin
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
A lot of Remainers also voted unironically for Corbyn, thinking he was going to try stop Brexit.

But tbh I think it is a stretch to call this extremism, I doubt they want themselves to be financially hit by it.
Dot.Cotton
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Remoaners are pathetic, the lot of them.

We're leaving the EU, GET OVER IT.
generallee
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TheBBQ)
The price of sovereignty and control when you already have it is a steep one
A country that cannot legally prevent 285,000 foreign nationals from entering its country to live, each year and every year, is not sovereign.
username878267
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
"1 in 5 Remain voters would like to see Brexit cause economic damage just to teach Leave voters a lesson"

:indiff:
I was a strong remainer but we lost and need to accept it. I'm losing patience with those who can't.

Especially the 'centre-left/liberal' bunch who can't accept it.

Cameron, Osbourne and Goldman Sachs didn't back Remain because of worker rights and social liberalness.
PlainDoll
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Bornblue)
I was a strong remainer but we lost and need to accept it. I'm losing patience with those who can't.

Especially the 'centre-left/liberal' bunch who can't accept it.

Cameron, Osbourne and Goldman Sachs didn't back Remain because of worker rights and social liberalness.
I agree, the leaving process could have been a hell of a lot easier and smoother if it weren't for those types of people.
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
They clearly mean it would be intellectually satisfying to prove the Leave camp wrong.

But do they really want economic disaster for their kids and our futures? Do they want to be eating from food banks which have been stocked by Greeks who have taken pity on our plight? Nah. It's just a silly poll.
JamesN88
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Same goes for older Brexiteers apparently.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7870871.html
Dodgypirate
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TheBBQ)
I can't count how many times I've told brexiters "I told you so" ever since the referendum was passed.
"Post-Brexit economic turmoil! REEEEEEEEEEEE"

"I tol..."
bobby147
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dodgypirate)

"I tol..."
We have not even left the EU yet.
Dodgypirate
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by bobby147)
We have not even left the EU yet.
Predictable response...
TheBBQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
"I tol..."
Yes this happened when the pound slumped severely, since a lot of large firms have most of their money coming in through dollars. Whilst the smaller ones who deal only in sterling have taken a hit. There were also other factors like the far right anti immigration party in the Netherlands losing.

I'm sure you know the FTSE 100 isn't everything nor did I say that everything that has happened since brexit has been bad.
bobby147
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Predictable response...
Predictable but still true.Wait til we actually leave the EU.We are still enjoying the benefits of being in the EU.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (97)
13.68%
I'm not sure (32)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (221)
31.17%
I have already dropped out (17)
2.4%
I'm not a current university student (342)
48.24%

Watched Threads