cranbrook_aspie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago

MHoC Awards for Parliament XIV

Rakas has asked me to do this, so here it is.

The awards will be the same seven as last time:

1) Debater of the Parliament
The member whose sheer wit and dazzling persuasion have left you in absolute awe.

2) Newbie of the Parliament
A member who, though unheard of six months ago, has made the best impression since then.

3) Award for Best Legislation
A showstopping tract of legalese that made you go all weak at the knees.

4) Comedian of the Parliament
Awarded to the wittiest member whose contributions always give the House a few lighter moments.

5) Drunkard of the Commons Bar
The MHoC's resident drink lover who can do a superb Eric Joyce impression.

6) Mr/Ms Congeniality
The nicest member of the House.

7) The Speaker's Award (Order of Disraeli)
An honorary award for the member who's most caught Rakas' eye during the 23rd Parliament.

The first 6 of these are awarded by popular vote of MPs. People can nominate one another for these awards by PMing Rakas before 7pm on Saturday 5 August, when voting will begin.

Nomination rules
* Users may make nominations for as many of the awards 1–6 as they wish, please make it clear who is your nominee for which award.
* Only one nominee per user per award.
* Nominations are only accepted via PM to Rakas, do not post them in this thread.
* Nominations coming from users who did not post in the MHoC during Parliament XIV will not be accepted.
* "Newbies" must not have posted meaningfully in the MHoC before the start of the 24th general election.
* No nominating yourself!
username1524603
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For the first time in these awards I am going to explain my nominations in this thread.

No one but that is because there have been no thought-provoking bills that has attracted a quality debate.

The rise and fall of Fleky is unbeatable in this category.

Following on from the first nomination, there was no standout bill last term.

Any members who thinks they are funny is not funny.

The bar is the dullest place of the MHoC but JD is the only member who regularly posts useful things in there.

6) Mr/Ms Congeniality

No point nominating anyone for this, the left-wing will nominate and vote Ray again.

7) The Speaker's Award (The Order of Gaitskell)

It would be better if this award was to give an award to the Speaker, Rakas would easily win the award for highest percentage of updates delegated to the Deputy Speaker. And as a question to Rakas21, I am surprised you are naming your award after a Labour Party politician who was a political failure.
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
For the first time in these awards I am going to explain my nominations in this thread.

No one but that is because there have been no thought-provoking bills that has attracted a quality debate.

The rise and fall of Fleky is unbeatable in this category.

Following on from the first nomination, there was no standout bill last term.

Any members who thinks they are funny is not funny.

The bar is the dullest place of the MHoC but JD is the only member who regularly posts useful things in there.

6) Mr/Ms Congeniality

No point nominating anyone for this, the left-wing will nominate and vote Ray again.

It would be better if this award was to give an award to the Speaker, Rakas would easily win the award for highest percentage of updates delegated to the Deputy Speaker. And as a question to Rakas21, I am surprised you are naming your award after a Labour Party politician who was a political failure.
That was Fez's name for the award. I imagine Rakas will change it
Basiil17
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Submitted mine.
Life_peer
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The Speaker's Award should be called The Order of Rats!

(Just to be clear, I mean Rakas21's supposedly favourite uncommon exclamation, not actual rats.)
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by cranbrook_aspie)

MHoC Awards for Parliament XXIII

Rakas has asked me to do this, so here it is.

The awards will be the same seven as last time:

The member whose sheer wit and dazzling persuasion have left you in absolute awe.

A member who, though unheard of six months ago, has made the best impression since then.

A showstopping tract of legalese that made you go all weak at the knees.

Awarded to the wittiest member whose contributions always give the House a few lighter moments.

The MHoC's resident drink lover who can do a superb Eric Joyce impression.

6) Mr/Ms Congeniality
The nicest member of the House.

An honorary award for the member who's most caught Rakas' eye during the 23rd Parliament.

The first 6 of these are awarded by popular vote of MPs. People can nominate one another for these awards by PMing Rakas before 7pm on Saturday 5 August, when voting will begin.

Nomination rules
* Users may make nominations for as many of the awards 1–6 as they wish, please make it clear who is your nominee for which award.
* Only one nominee per user per award.
* Nominations are only accepted via PM to Rakas, do not post them in this thread.
* Nominations coming from users who did not post in the MHoC during Parliament XIV will not be accepted.
* "Newbies" must not have posted meaningfully in the MHoC before the start of the 24th general election.
* No nominating yourself!
Think the numeral needs changing at the top.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Since prior speakers have clearly being able to pick a prior leader they liked and call it the order of (it was also called the order of Gladstone as i recall) i shall have it renamed 'the order of Disraeli'.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Let's not get silly ideas, clearly LP is newbie of the parliament, really came into his own after moving to his retirement home.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Since prior speakers have clearly being able to pick a prior leader they liked and call it the order of (it was also called the order of Gladstone as i recall) i shall have it renamed 'the order of Disraeli'.
Should it not be named after a former speaker perhaps? The one who stopped Charles I from arresting five MPs?
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I was not in the House until recently so will not be putting any names forward.
Gladstone1885
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I want to vonc you just for that
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Keep the nominations coming guys, some interesting stuff.

I think i have a clear winner for the speakers award by restricting the field to last term albeit should i preside over the nominations next term there are already two great shouts.
Joep95
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Keep the nominations coming guys, some interesting stuff.

I think i have a clear winner for the speakers award by restricting the field to last term albeit should i preside over the nominations next term there are already two great shouts.
Is it Fleky?
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by joecphillips)
Is it Fleky?
I could not possibly say.
username1751857
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Um isn't it XXIV not XIV?
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by CoffeeGeek)
Um isn't it XXIV not XIV?
^^^
username2718212
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
x
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Wilhuff Tarkin)
As per the update, they are on their way.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (117)
63.59%
No (67)
36.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise