Ibantez
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi i was born and raised in London but due to my dad having a transfer of job to Pakistan we had to shift there in the start of year 10, I obtained the following IGCSE results;
English- A*
ICT - A
Business - A
Accounting - A
Economics - A
Math - B
I only had 6 subjects due to me being an overseas student therefore i wasnt required to take the 2 more cumpolsury subjects plus i was too late for them as I was told the course has been completed and pastpaper revision has started....

I ended up changing schools for A levels and I had a terrible start, I didnt have the right friends, I couldnt really find people to talk to and there were so many events in school but I couldnt go cuz i didnt really have a friend. Sad ik. so yes I ended up in depression and Ik its not a good reason to give a university but it is what it is and I got the following AS level cambridge results BBB, in economics accounting and math its not that bad but for me it was since its always been a dream to get into UCL, LSE...etc Plus to do an economics programme at LSE AND UCL you need an A* for math, during the summer i had summer school, holidays in london, work experiences so it was really hard for me to try resit my exams in the next session so I decided to take another chance in A levels, to do my AS level againn, I know completing college in 3 years is highly unpreffered but Im aware of what im capable of and it is much higherr and I wanted to prove myself again rather then regretting it my whole life for not taking this chance, So I did AS level again and got 4A's in Business studies, Economics, Maths & Accounting & for A2 im predicted A* in math A* in business and 2A's for my other subjects, So will it effect my chances GREATLY when applying to UCL, LSE, kings..etc? Since ive repeated AS?/:
username2505973
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey, I'm not sure about AS repeats. I took a gap year to resit my A level grades. Also, I resat most of my AS in A2. In year 12, I got BCDD but after the resit I got 3As as I dropped one subject. I applied for UCL and KCL With other universities. I firmed UCL and insured KCLas I got offers from all unis I applied to. I don't think it will affect your application GREATLY but there is a small probability it will. My advice will be that you make sure your personal statement and any interview given is amazing as there are other strong applicants. Work experience is also vital
Ibantez
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by joyy_loye)
Hey, I'm not sure about AS repeats. I took a gap year to resit my A level grades. Also, I resat most of my AS in A2. In year 12, I got BCDD but after the resit I got 3As as I dropped one subject. I applied for UCL and KCL With other universities. I firmed UCL and insured KCLas I got offers from all unis I applied to. I don't think it will affect your application GREATLY but there is a small probability it will. My advice will be that you make sure your personal statement and any interview given is amazing as there are other strong applicants. Work experience is also vital
Thankyou! And what programme have you applied for at UCL or KCL?
username2505973
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I applied for pharmacy at both universities
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (505)
33.71%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (621)
41.46%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (304)
20.29%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise