Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

A-level notes? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    For those of u at uni, doing Medicine or Dentistry.
    I'm gonna be doing lecture-based Dentistry at Sheffield and I was wondering if I should take my Chem, Bio and Phys complete A-level notes? I've also got Maths As, but I dunno if that is necessary.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm...I burned mine :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    ive just thrown all my notes away too! if you're going to take anything, probably text books would be more useful.

ReputationRep:
    I took my Biology and Chem files (didn't do Physics) in the first term, and didn't open them. I found my OCR cramming books (the ones that exactly fit the syllabus) vaguely useful just to remind me of things, but even they weren't used that often.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't bother either.

One of the first things you're told at Uni is to forget what you covered at A-Level, as it was too simplistic and not necessarily true (hmm - I remember getting that at A-level re: GCSEs too!!). Also things change quickly - I was looking over my first degree notes over tha weekend, and in 4 years they've become almost obsolete.

If you like the security of having A-Level material withyou, I would have though a Letts guide or two would surfice. However, the number of far better books you wil have access to wil make this a bit of a wasted effort.

ReputationRep:
    Your chem and physics files won't be useful at all. I used my biology files twice thoughout the whole of last year, and it was only for information that could easily have been found in text books if I'd looked. I wouldn't bother taking any of them.

ReputationRep:
    Oh...okay, thanks!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 31, 2004
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.