Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I want to create a little community for those who are doing geography at a level. I'm going into year 13 next year and I'd like to be friends with some fellow geographers Personally, I'm with AQA and in class I've currently covered coasts, the carbon and water cycle, changing places and contemporary urban environments. Next year, I'm doing natural hazards and a few more topics. Please comment and join the geography A Level community, as I'll share lots of my knowledge and hopefully you'll do the same. It really doesn't matter what exam board you're with because geography overlaps in so many ways anyway. I want us all to do really well in geography next year so I just wanted to create this thread early, in the holidays!

For my GCSEs, I was part of some science/English threads and groups and it was honestly so lovely. Like, for example, before the exams we would all wish each other good luck and it made me feel much more confident. So this is what I'm aiming for here.

Down below please comment the year you're in ( year 12/13) and what topics you've studied so far and your exam board!!

Thanks so much guys <3

ReputationRep:
    I'm the exact same as you
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahxmendonca)
    I'm the exact same as you
    That's so great! Please stick around on this thread, it would be good to have you here
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I just finished A Level geography and would be happy to help you out in any way I can :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amefish)
    I just finished A Level geography and would be happy to help you out in any way I can :hugs:
    Hey thanks so much, you'll have more geographical experience than me are you studying it at Uni?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Ella_08)
    Hey thanks so much, you'll have more geographical experience than me are you studying it at Uni?
    In a sense; I'm doing environmental science

ReputationRep:
    I want to create a little community for those who are doing geography at a level. I'm going into year 13 next year and I'd like to be friends with some fellow geographers Personally, I'm with AQA and in class I've currently covered coasts, the carbon and water cycle, changing places and contemporary urban environments. Next year, I'm doing natural hazards and a few more topics. Please comment and join the geography A Level community, as I'll share lots of my knowledge and hopefully you'll do the same. It really doesn't matter what exam board you're with because geography overlaps in so many ways anyway. I want us all to do really well in geography next year so I just wanted to create this thread early, in the holidays!

For my GCSEs, I was part of some science/English threads and groups and it was honestly so lovely. Like, for example, before the exams we would all wish each other good luck and it made me feel much more confident. So this is what I'm aiming for here.

Down below please comment the year you're in ( year 12/13) and what topics you've studied so far and your exam board!!

Thanks so much guys <3
    I am doing Edexcel A-Level Geography new spec. Did the actual AS exams this year rather than mocks. I am studying Coasts,Tectonic Hazards,Globalization, and Regenerating Places. Not 100% sure what we do for A2 my Coursework is based on Coasts and I think we do Carbon Cycle and something to do with water at A2 . Aswell as the AS stuff

Edit just checked spec : For A2 I am doing The Water Cycle and Water Insecurity, The Carbon Cycle, Superpowers, and there is an optional one

ReputationRep:
    AQA I've done natural hazards, coasts, changing places and I can't remember if I did another one or not. I've started the water cycle and water on the land for A2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGoodPharaoh)
    AQA I've done natural hazards, coasts, changing places and I can't remember if I did another one or not. I've started the water cycle and water on the land for A2
    I did water on the land for GCSE and loved it wish I was doing it for A-Level . (I remember learning about meanders and waterfalls)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    I did water on the land for GCSE and loved it wish I was doing it for A-Level . (I remember learning about meanders and waterfalls)
    I'm not even sure if I actually did it this year lol but we did something about water.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not even sure if I actually did it this year lol but we did something about water.
    What do you do for natural hazards? For tectonic hazards we do Volcanoes and its secondary hazards,earthquakes and tsunamis and landslides, we do a bit about meteorological hazards

ReputationRep:
    What do you do for natural hazards? For tectonic hazards we do Volcanoes and its secondary hazards,earthquakes and tsunamis and landslides, we do a bit about meteorological hazards
    We did the same apart from meteorological hazards

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I'm going to Year 13 and did the AS AQA Exam. Studied Coasts, Contemporary Urban Environments, Changing Places for Year 12. Next Year I'm doing Hazards, Water and Carbon system and Global systems and Governance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amefish)
    In a sense; I'm doing environmental science
    Nice! Sounds really interesting x

ReputationRep:
    I am doing Edexcel A-Level Geography new spec. Did the actual AS exams this year rather than mocks. I am studying Coasts,Tectonic Hazards,Globalization, and Regenerating Places. Not 100% sure what we do for A2 my Coursework is based on Coasts and I think we do Carbon Cycle and something to do with water at A2 . Aswell as the AS stuff

Edit just checked spec : For A2 I am doing The Water Cycle and Water Insecurity, The Carbon Cycle, Superpowers, and there is an optional one
    Hey there! Sorry for the late reply, I've been on holiday aha. Even though we're doing different exam boards we're doing pretty much the same topics so that's really cool hope your AS exams have gone well. We can help each other out in this thread as we're doing similar topics so if you have questions about any topic.. ask away!

ReputationRep:
    Hey there are you doing AQA because I've done all of those topics so far!! Changing places was a weird topic but I quite enjoyed it, especially all the stuff about sense of place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Sheena)
    Hey,
    I'm going to Year 13 and did the AS AQA Exam. Studied Coasts, Contemporary Urban Environments, Changing Places for Year 12. Next Year I'm doing Hazards, Water and Carbon system and Global systems and Governance
    Hey!! it's really nice to see that everyone is doing similar topics..it means we can help each other out! I hope your AS exams have gone well, best of luck nice to have you on the thread x

ReputationRep:
    Hey there are you doing AQA because I've done all of those topics so far!! Changing places was a weird topic but I quite enjoyed it, especially all the stuff about sense of place
    Yeah I'm doing AQA, I agree changing places was good just a bit confusing at times

ReputationRep:
    I somehow managed to get an A in AS Geography, now 41 weeks until the A2 Geography exam LOL

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning on doing As geography in September (I'm retaking my As year) but I didn't do geography at gcse, would I be allowed to choose the subject or not? Thank you x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 4, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.