The Student Room Group

ALEVEL GEOGRAPHY Community ♡

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rolls_Reus_0wner
Talk about the amazon and pasture farming for palm oil and how deforestation affects climate change.

Talk about a flood risk management case study (i dunno one)

I was mostly focusing on adaptation strategies such as water conservation and flood risk management in tackling climate change.
Good luck everybody taking an exam tomorrow! :smile:
I don't know about management but Bangladesh is a flood risk. You could talk about management at rivers but otherwise I don't know.
Talk about the amazon and pasture farming for palm oil and how deforestation affects climate change.

Talk about a flood risk management case study (i dunno one)
Yes any predictions from your teachers?
Original post by josienewson
Anyone sitting EDUQAS/WJEC paper 1 tomorrow?? :smile:
Reply 364
Any prediction for tomorrow for EDEXCEL Alevel?
(edited 4 years ago)
Potentially differences between inter glacial and glacial periods for the first 15 marker and differences between types of glaciers. Changing places - rural rebranding (challenges and management) and possibly identity of place and how it can change over time. Although because we're only the second year it's hard to tell! What about you??
Original post by swifty999
Yes any predictions from your teachers?
I do coasts but for changing places deindustrialisation
Ahhh I seem to be one of the only ones doing glaciers!
Original post by swifty999
I do coasts but for changing places deindustrialisation
Anyone here doing the AQA physical paper today?Topics that I am doing are Hazards, Coasts and W C cycles.
whats a named example of a place wherr coastal weathering occurs
whats a named example of a place wherr coastal weathering occurs

Holderness experiences wetting and drying of boulder clay, chemical weathering on chalk cliffs and biological weathering
Original post by Chanpanda
Holderness experiences wetting and drying of boulder clay, chemical weathering on chalk cliffs and biological weathering

thxx
Original post by SadToyCats
Anyone here doing the AQA physical paper today?Topics that I am doing are Hazards, Coasts and W C cycles.

Hi any Predictions for Hazardous Environment questions please
Original post by Chanpanda

Most of coasts is b.s. You can pretty much just say the name of your local beach and it will technically right. The question will never be "name a place" because there's just too many possibilities to choose from. They are more looking for HOW the coast is affected by weathering and what are the geographical processes going on.
Original post by Kstapley
Hi any Predictions for Hazardous Environment questions please

There was a whole topic (case study) that didn't come up last year so my first bet is that.

Maybe multihazardous environment will come up for the 20
Multi-hazardous environment was the 20 marker last year
There was a whole topic (case study) that didn't come up last year so my first bet is that.

Maybe multihazardous environment will come up for the 20
Original post by gingerkid
Multi-hazardous environment was the 20 marker last year

True that. The 20 will be on tropical storms or earthquakes. The 9 will probably be on wildfires.
how did everyone find edexcel physical geog today??? was so pushed for time and some questions in coasts and hazards were really hard. also couldn't do the maths on the first page so got that wrong
True that. The 20 will be on tropical storms or earthquakes. The 9 will probably be on wildfires.

Ezpz prediction
I felt like I was in GCSE maths again! :smile: Tectonics and coasts were alright for me but the peatlands and water stress pattern questions were quite difficult.
Original post by Medic.213
how did everyone find edexcel physical geog today??? was so pushed for time and some questions in coasts and hazards were really hard. also couldn't do the maths on the first page so got that wrong

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending