The Student Room Group

ALEVEL GEOGRAPHY Community ♡

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kappo99
Not too bad, except for my first economics paper 😩first two geog papers weren’t too bad, how did you find them?

My first econ was awful! (Edexcel). I thought physical was fine just the 16 markers in the human paper had me a little stumped! Not looking forward to the 2 33 markers....
Original post by ellen_parry99
My first econ was awful! (Edexcel). I thought physical was fine just the 16 markers in the human paper had me a little stumped! Not looking forward to the 2 33 markers....

I’m AQA for econ and I know, absolutely dreading debates! The 16 markers for human were weird as well. At least geography will be over forever tho when we finish the exam 🤩
Hi, I am doing AQA as well and I am in year 12, we have covered all the topics except hazards. BTW, does anyone have a good definition for dynamic equilibrium? (in water and carbon cycles unit).
Hi, I am in year 12 and doing AQA, I have done all the topics except hazards and I would be happy to help.

BTW has anyone got a good definition for dynamic equilibrium? (for water and carbon cycle unit)
can someone advise if i should take goeg alevel next year? i will be taking biology and chemistry and im wondering whether people would advise geog as my third?
Original post by malkimoo
can someone advise if i should take goeg alevel next year? i will be taking biology and chemistry and im wondering whether people would advise geog as my third?

Geography really compliments biology; a fair bit of the content overlaps in my experience with OCR (especially earth's life support systems). i can't speak for chemistry as i haven't studied it at A-level. What are you planning to do after A-levels? Geography is a really highly regarded subject for most unis, but it depends on what your other possible options are.
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi, I'm Tom, I'm going into Year 13 and I'm studying the WJEC course :smile:
I got an A at AS, in which I studied coastal landscapes and tectonic hazards for my first paper and changing places and skills/fieldwork for my second paper.
I'm currently working on my NEA which is about sand dunes and this is definitely the least enjoyable part of the course for me.
In Y13 I'll be studying the water and carbon cycles, 21st century challenges, governance of migration, governance of oceans, advanced tectonics, ecosystems and energy dilemmas. The A2 course seems a lot larger in terms of content than the AS course, but it also seems waaaaay more interesting than coasts and changing places.
I also do Biology, Chemistry and English Literature and want to study Medicine in uni :biggrin:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by malkimoo

I take biology, chemistry and geography (and English lit) and would 100% recommend the combination. They're hard subjects but all very interesting. There's a lot over overlap of the sciences with geography, but there's also enough contrasting elements in geography that will ensure you don't get bored of 100% science all of the time.
Can someone tell me how to do my shopping basket survey please, I already have the layout and I have some prices, but i'm not sure how to compare high end to low end. I have items from different shops and it's like there is an overlap. Because all the shops are either sainsbury or wait rose, and I seem to be getting the prices the same. Also, has anyone used ArcGIS?
Original post by Tombre
Hi, I'm Tom, I'm going into Year 13 and I'm studying the WJEC course :smile:
I got an A at AS, in which I studied coastal landscapes and tectonic hazards for my first paper and changing places and skills/fieldwork for my second paper.
I'm currently working on my NEA which is about sand dunes and this is definitely the least enjoyable part of the course for me.
In Y13 I'll be studying the water and carbon cycles, 21st century challenges, governance of migration, governance of oceans, advanced tectonics, ecosystems and energy dilemmas. The A2 course seems a lot larger in terms of content than the AS course, but it also seems waaaaay more interesting than coasts and changing places.
I also do Biology, Chemistry and English Literature and want to study Medicine in uni :biggrin:

Do you know how a method table works?
Original post by TheAlchemistress

I'm afraid I haven't heard of one before, what is it?
Original post by Tombre
I'm afraid I haven't heard of one before, what is it?

It's for NEA, apparently an overall way to sum up what data we collected and why we collected it.

I don’t know if this is what you meant by a method table but I used a table to write up my methodology, so what data collection methods I used, including sampling, why I used each of them, usefulness of each and limitations of each.
I can send you mine if you want some ideas but it is for human geography.
It's for NEA, apparently an overall way to sum up what data we collected and why we collected it.

Original post by gryffindorjem14
I don’t know if this is what you meant by a method table but I used a table to write up my methodology, so what data collection methods I used, including sampling, why I used each of them, usefulness of each and limitations of each.

Ohhhh I know what you mean, I didn't actually use this format myself but what the person above said sounds accurate.
Original post by gryffindorjem14

Yes, please can I see how you have structured yours. Thank you.
Could you message me your email address please and I’ll send it across :smile:
Yes, please can I see how you have structured yours. Thank you.

Could you message me your email address please and I’ll send it across :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
(edited 5 years ago)
Could you work out an average for each product across the high end and low end shops? And then compare the averages to see if there is a significant difference. And even if there isn’t, or the low-end is more expensive than the high-end, then that would be something to discuss in your analysis.
And if this doesn’t work, try and manipulate your results by choosing shops that are very high end and very low end e.g. for tshirts designer brands for high end and supermarkets or shops like primark for low end. Or you could just make up some reasonable prices to prove your point, they won’t check :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending