The Student Room Group

very bad gcse physics teacher how should I revise?

Okay so essentially I have been put in for the triple science GCSE, I need to get at least a 6/B in chemistry and biology because I want to take biology and possibly chemistry at A level therefore these are my priorities.

However, being the person that I am I do not want to fail physics. Unfortunately, I have learned next to nothing in my past two years of gcse physics due to my teacher lacking in the ability to control the class.

So I want to catch up everything that I have missed over the summer so that I can revise as I go in year 11. Where should I start?
Start at the front of your textbook.
Ask other department teachers for help.
Seek tution outside of school if super bad and able to afford
keep positive and a can do attitudes
Original post by Admera
Okay so essentially I have been put in for the triple science GCSE, I need to get at least a 6/B in chemistry and biology because I want to take biology and possibly chemistry at A level therefore these are my priorities.

However, being the person that I am I do not want to fail physics. Unfortunately, I have learned next to nothing in my past two years of gcse physics due to my teacher lacking in the ability to control the class.

So I want to catch up everything that I have missed over the summer so that I can revise as I go in year 11. Where should I start?

Get the revision books and just teach yourself.
Dont be a victim just deal with it.
If its that bad make a complaint.
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
Get the revision books and just teach yourself.
Dont be a victim just deal with it.
If its that bad make a complaint.

Okay i'll try, myself and many other students have made complaints but there aren't enough physics teachers to fire her lol
Original post by Admera
Okay i'll try, myself and many other students have made complaints but there aren't enough physics teachers to fire her lol

Dont get distracted by it. Just get the revision book and get on with it. theres the additional option of getting a tutor if your parents can afford it or various online websites.

If the problem is her controlling the class, then make the complaint about the class rather than the teacher.
Reply 5
Original post by 999tigger
Dont get distracted by it. Just get the revision book and get on with it. theres the additional option of getting a tutor if your parents can afford it or various online websites.

If the problem is her controlling the class, then make the complaint about the class rather than the teacher.

okay yeah those are good ideas, thank you!
get a revision guide and read it.
now do every single past paper you can get your hands on.
Reply 7
Original post by Admera

BBC Bitesize was the actual bomb back when i was doing gcses haha if you're cheap like i was, just read up and do those quiz/test things they have; i used to print out their pages and highlight them and stuff since i started revising too late in the game to be buying revision books ahahah
and if i remember right, they sometimes have pretty dope activities and animations and stuff on there which helps a lot; gl :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest