Jcross99
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi everyone,

So excited to start my course next month!! I was just wondering if anyone else has been housed in "the hub" flats on Hawkhill Rd? Apparently the university accommodation has been over subscribed for this year so I was not given a place off campus Are there any other slackers with me? ahaha
Airmed
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey not a first year here (about go into my final year at Dundee) but I just want to tell you not to worry about being in The Hub. It is literally across the road from the uni campus, and there will be other first years there (e.g. ones who come through Clearing, that is where quite a few of them went last year). And for what it's worth, the Hub is cheaper than uni accommodation and you get near about the same (depends if you've gone for an en suite or not, as all uni rooms are en suite).
Jcross99
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey,
Thanks for your reply that's reassuring to hear
Wow so would you say from your experience Dundee has been good for your 3 years of study? I hope to move into the city after first year, (in the same boat as everyone and wanna meet new people!) However, I find the process of room allocation confusing o_0. As with an unconditional offer I have been refused actual university accommodation and my 3 choices of preference have been rejected! I imagine it must just be an exceptionally large year.

Cheers Joe
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (4)
11.11%
Disagree (3)
8.33%
Neither agree or disagree (10)
27.78%
Agree (11)
30.56%
Strongly Agree (8)
22.22%

Watched Threads