Edexcel IAL textbooks? Please help!!!

Watch
username3469312
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi!
I am planning to have the Edexcel IAL AS level in 2018 (self-studying), but I have a few questions about the textbooks. Can anyone who knows/is also studying the IAL help please??

1. For Chemistry and Physics, is it correct that I use books for the UK A-level 2008 specification, but not the new books for the 2015 specification in the UK?

2. What book(s) should I buy for the IAL history exam?
I am thinking about studying 1B(Russia in Revolution, 1881-1917) and 2B(China, 1900-76) in the AS level of IAL. It seems that I cannot find any textbooks for the IAL history, and as the syllabus of IAL history and the normal A-level in the UK are different, I don't know do the textbooks for the UK A-level history suitable for me... (I notice that some Edexcel history textbooks are about Russia, but the years are different from 1881-1917...)

As I'm going to study it by self-study, textbooks, suitable/relevant books are really important for me, especially books about the topic of Russia in history. Therefore, can anyone tell me what should I buy please??
Adiat Khan
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
use the old books for physics and chemistry
iris_0820
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi!I am a ial too! I have few questions can u help me?
sevoavia
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by computer101)
Hi!
I am planning to have the Edexcel IAL AS level in 2018 (self-studying), but I have a few questions about the textbooks. Can anyone who knows/is also studying the IAL help please??

1. For Chemistry and Physics, is it correct that I use books for the UK A-level 2008 specification, but not the new books for the 2015 specification in the UK?

2. What book(s) should I buy for the IAL history exam?
I am thinking about studying 1B(Russia in Revolution, 1881-1917) and 2B(China, 1900-76) in the AS level of IAL. It seems that I cannot find any textbooks for the IAL history, and as the syllabus of IAL history and the normal A-level in the UK are different, I don't know do the textbooks for the UK A-level history suitable for me... (I notice that some Edexcel history textbooks are about Russia, but the years are different from 1881-1917...)

As I'm going to study it by self-study, textbooks, suitable/relevant books are really important for me, especially books about the topic of Russia in history. Therefore, can anyone tell me what should I buy please??
Hey, have you found the textbooks yet?
krisjjjin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
wait I think Edexcel ial have its own book right?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (74)
37.76%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (20)
10.2%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (13)
6.63%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (48)
24.49%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.76%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
8.16%

Watched Threads