Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How did your summer go ? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    How did your summer go ?

This is How I spent my summer :

I watched tv a lot. I went walking around. I rode my bike. I wrote stories and published them on the Web. I joined SAFE, an organization that helps Battered Men, Gays and Lesbians. I tried to make a few bucks. Failed miserably.

My best friend Karl decided to marry a woman. This ended any chace I've had of being with him. He says that he is straight but I dont know many straight guys who've done the things he did. He claims to hate gays but I told him that I am bisexual and he made an exception just for me. I met Sheneh, the girl he wants to marry and hated her on sight but smiled and acted nice when she was around.

I spent a long time without a man or woman in my life. I was very lonely and insanely bored. I called my aunt Veronica in NY and asked her if I could leave Boston and come visit her.

I went to New York. More specifically, Long Island. I saw my aunt and the other side of the family for the first time in years.

I met Deedee, also known as Dadelie. She was my aunt's friend. She is a 25-year old nurse. A nice black lady. We became friends. She was vivacious and outspoken. She was also VERY affectionate. She put the moves on me. We ended up sleeping together. The whole experience was sizzling. Hot. I discovered that I could enjoy being with a woman again. I cared about Deedee. I still couldnt stop thinking about Karl. Deedee hung out with me in NY and showed me her town. We got close. I ended up spending 4 weeks in NY instead of a weekend !!!!

I returned to Boston. Back to the land of boredom. I keep on thinking about Karl and even draw pictures of him. I feel pathetic. I feel so bad that my aunt recommends that I see a doctor. My family has a history of diseases. Cancer, Diabetes, ect.

I have a clean bill of health.

I decided to continue with my activism and resume going to the center and help those people who have HIV and AIDs. I feel a little better about myself. I meet a hot-looking lady named Erin. She has a GIRLFRIEND !!! I meet a nice-looking macho man named Frankie.....I put the moves on him.....and run into his PARTNER !!!! The dumbass never told me he had a partner ! I respect relationships and would never be "the other man".

I am in my town. At last measurements, I stand a little above six feet and weigh 250 pounds. I need to lose some weight. I dont need health problems. That's why I go walking for hours in 90 degrees weather. I also eat only 2 meals a day. I write stories.
    I read books. I try to exercise. I try to get some money. Thankfully, my mom and dad can afford to pay for school this year. I shall return to my small private new england college.

There are people I will miss from last year.

Henry P : A flamboyant homosexual, crossdresser and all-around good guy whom I disliked when I suffered from internal homophobia but came to admire when I finally admitted to myself that " If you sleep with boys and girls, you are NOT straight !"
    I will miss Henry if I dont see him.

Evans : A black dude who was homophobic as hell but was a good friend and talked some angry Latinos out of cutting off my cojones when I put the moves on one of their ladies in a machismo-induced moment of not so bright thinking.

Lauren B : A cute, slender girl from Plymouth. A brown-eyed, dark-haired beauty. She has a good head on her shoulders. She is usually calm and cool. I dont know what her deal is but she seems to have her stuff together. Many guys at school liked her but she said she had a boyfriend....whom no one ever saw. I suspected her of being a lesbian but she once told me she doesnt sleep with girls. Also, she doesnt sleep with a until she trusts him. I remember every conversation we've had. Her birthday is November 9, 1985 ( I think !). She is cool and one of those rare women I wouldnt mind dating.

I'd like to see her again, if only for the reason that she is one of the more interesting people at my college.

That's how my summer went.

ReputationRep:
    mine was shite

ReputationRep:
    Apart from the Uk weather mine has been good. Highlights:

Blondie Gig - Manchester Appollo
    Move Festival (Old Trafford cricket ground, Stretford, Manchester - Morrisey was simply outstanding, the best night of my life
    Spain - A few nights in Baecelona and a few in Lloret Del Mar. A great week and qutie educational as well
    5th Ave foam party, Manchester (last night) - Another great night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gossip_girl)
    mine was shite
    oh well - at least you're not pregnant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wolfman117)
    Your threads always brings a tear to my eyes...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wolfman117)
    How did your summer go ?

Thats quite a summer, i want an intersting summer! but mine is still goin for another month yet! But its been really boring

ReputationRep:
    ok you seem to have had an eventful summer
    i went camping with my family in france then spain
    i went to paris, barcelona and figueres (arty town)
    sunbathed i am ashamed at how little i did
    now im back and have a ton of work to catch up on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angel D)
    ok you seem to have had an eventful summer
    i went camping with my family in france then spain
    i went to paris, barcelona and figueres (arty town)
    sunbathed i am ashamed at how little i did
    now im back and have a ton of work to catch up on
    I went to Paris last year, Barcelona this year. I think prefer Barcelona simply because the weather is perfect. It is also quite a bit cheaper. Paris does have some charms though.

ReputationRep:
    Mine went something like this...

Spent the first half recovering from a college trip to Ireland where I drank too much Guiness, slept too little and where we missed the ferry and our coach broke down, meaning we arrived home 22 hours late.

Got my AS-level results (AAAAC). Spent the subsequent week getting pissed/partying/in severe shock.

Since then have been watching daytime TV/Olympics, putting off doing any college work, posting on UKL and researching my novel (which I will never write).

I have also started driving; which is fun, been desperately trying to make my mind up about what universities I want to apply to, been thinking about trying to write a personal statement, avoiding my mid-life-crisis submerged parents and looking forward to going back to college.

I also went camping with some friends in a field for three days. Bad idea. Lots of arguing and wrestling with improbably large tents...not enough sleep.

Apart from that, it's been pretty good...

ReputationRep:
    You're the guy who can't post without making a reference to confused sexuality!

ReputationRep:
    My summer was like all the others, too.
    If the weather was fine, I was going in the bath and playing volleyball with my friends. This was always quite funny, because no one of us, can play volleyball very good.

I very often ride my bicycle. (this I've done the last three years, too)

Playing with my computer.......

Ah, I was three weeks in England (Brighton) to improve my english. I hope it helped a little bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I went to Paris last year, Barcelona this year. I think prefer Barcelona simply because the weather is perfect. It is also quite a bit cheaper. Paris does have some charms though.
    i prefer barcelona more i like the art

ReputationRep:
    worst summer ever

(apart from good a level results and getting into uni)

Mine was rubbish too. Spent the whole year looking forward to actually getting to spend some time with my boyfriend, and then he dumped me.

ReputationRep:
    I HATED this summer.

Me and my family went up to Scotland. Practically two seconds after we arrive we discover that Dad has an outstanding debt from 5 years ago leaving my mum convinced that all her credit has been eliminated. Therefore the entire expenses have to come out of MY credit card. Then I discovered I'd left my credit card at home. So - we had to go home!!!!!

The worst part was pulling the car up to a lay-by beside Loch Lomond, realising the holiday was over, all three of us just sitting there still for about half an hour, the most depressing moment of my life ever.....

Like the Queen said, give or take a few years:
    "2004 is not a year I will look back on with undiluted pleasure, in fact it has turned out to be an annus horribilis"

ReputationRep:
    Mine was pretty tame. Nothing exciting/interesting/fun happened at all really.

It only seems like yesterday I was leaving School (March 2004) and then today I'm starting College. Time flies.

ReputationRep:
    mine wasnt that bad

worked almost every week day

when school was over, went to party at a lake with some friends, drank, and had a good time, laughed at all the people who crashed on the way out and in ( 4 crashes within 24 hours on a single road, one involving a cop). Went to lakes on weekends and went swimming. spent time fishing at rivers. hiked up a mountain. explored on the gravel roads.

I love being able to own a truck at 17, so much freedom

ReputationRep:
    Mine is over

ReputationRep:
    Went to Holland with my friends. Played a couple of amazing gigs. Great fun. Lovely weather.

Bruised ribs. No karate/squash/cricket/cycling for several weeks.

AS Results. AAAA. (Had to slip it in, didn't I ? )

Ribs nice. Foot good. Karate/squash/cricket/cycling.

End of holiday. End of cricket season. *******s.

ReputationRep:
    I got dragged up to Scotland for 2weeks at the start of the holiday and the best thing i did there woz see the place where they shot the train scene in Harry Potter.

I did manage to go to thorpe park with a load of friends after i came back though that woz a lot of fun.

I then went on a peer leadership and babysitting course that overall turned out to be boring. It also didnt help that i woz sleeped deprived for the whole of the second day.

The rest of the time I've been stuck inside the house watching t.v or on the internet.

I'm so glad Im going to have some friends round on Thursday to make me saine. That is before i have to go to my new school and become so insaine that no one will ever reach my poor brain ever again.
    Yay for me.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.