The Student Room Group

What stationary do I need for college?

Hi, I'm going to college soon, I'm just wondering what stationery I'll need, I want to make sure I'm very organised. I already bought the basics like pens, pencils, maths set, lined paper books, an A6 book to record all my homework and tasks in and a calculator. Should I get some folders w/ plastic wallets and keep all my work in and to keep it organised? Is there any other stationery I should consider getting?

Thanks.
(edited 6 years ago)
I recommend getting arch lever folders and some colored dividers so you can easily categorize topics in a subject. And use plastic wallets to further divide up the topics. When it comes to revision the organization you do beforehand does play a big part.
Original post by Quizlet
Hi, I'm going to college soon, I'm just wondering what stationary I'll need, I want to make sure I'm very organised. I already bought the basics like pens, pencils, maths set, lined paper books, an A6 book to record all my homework and tasks in and a calculator. Should I get some folders w/ plastic wallets and keep all my work in and to keep it organised? Is there any other stationary I should consider getting?

Thanks.

I recommend a small pocket dictionary. It is a boon for those who have difficulty with spelling and it will enable you to quickly check the difference in meaning between words that are similar, like 'stationary' and 'stationery'.
Reply 3
Original post by Good bloke
I recommend a small pocket dictionary. It is a boon for those who have difficulty with spelling and it will enable you to quickly check the difference in meaning between words that are similar, like 'stationary' and 'stationery'.

Sorry about that, I'm really bad with spellings, I have dyslexia so it takes me a while to get spellings across and sometimes I mix it around.
A diary / academic year planner.
Sci Calc in my pocket, pen in my pocket and a ruler in my pocket and I was sorted for the entire year (AS)
Original post by Quizlet
Sorry about that, I'm really bad with spellings.

Don't be sorry. Acknowledge it as a problem and take step to improve, starting with the acquisition (and regular use) of a pocket dictionary. An alternative is a tablet or phone-based dictionary.
Reply 7
Thank you all for these suggestions! I'll write them down so I can refer back to it later. (:
Highlighter and tipex
Reply 9
Original post by Emerald7770
Highlighter and tipex

I'll be sure to get some highlighters, thanks for the suggestion. I don't think the college allows tipex though.

Quick Reply

Latest