The Student Room Group

Freaking out!! DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ON RESULTS DAY!! Clearence

Ok, so here's the deal:

1. I did A-levels and secured my differed firm offer (Southampton Biochemistry) with the grades AAB.

2. I called Durham for adjustment to its Pharmacy course and got accepted.

3. I withdrew my place in Durham after they refused to give me a Gap year (ESSENTIAL for me).

4. In the gap year I decided to resit some of my modules plus an extra A level subject, while applying for medicine ( I don't want to be a doctor, I just thought that it's a good way to get into non clinical research - I know, I know, I was wrong -)

5. I didn't get any offers (Thankfully) but I still have my Southampton place.

6. I should be getting much better grades than AAB in th 17th and I want to go through clearing/adjustment again to get into a better University.

Ok now that you know my situation. Here are my questions:

1. Do I call for clearing or for adjustment?
2. Can I even call for either to begin with?
3. Is there a possibility for me to call them before results day since I already have results?
4. If I call them on results day, must I tell them about my "original" grades as well as my improved ones or can I just tell them about my improved grades?

These are the questions I have right now.

Sorry about the clickbait title, if I put a simple title very little people will click or reply.

I thank you for your patience and your answers.
Reply 1
Original post by Dominator1
Ok, so here's the deal:

1. I did A-levels and secured my differed firm offer (Southampton Biochemistry) with the grades AAB.

2. I called Durham for adjustment to its Pharmacy course and got accepted.

3. I withdrew my place in Durham after they refused to give me a Gap year (ESSENTIAL for me).

4. In the gap year I decided to resit some of my modules plus an extra A level subject, while applying for medicine ( I don't want to be a doctor, I just thought that it's a good way to get into non clinical research - I know, I know, I was wrong -)

5. I didn't get any offers (Thankfully) but I still have my Southampton place.

6. I should be getting much better grades than AAB in th 17th and I want to go through clearing/adjustment again to get into a better University.

Ok now that you know my situation. Here are my questions:

1. Do I call for clearing or for adjustment?
2. Can I even call for either to begin with?
3. Is there a possibility for me to call them before results day since I already have results?
4. If I call them on results day, must I tell them about my "original" grades as well as my improved ones or can I just tell them about my improved grades?

These are the questions I have right now.

Sorry about the clickbait title, if I put a simple title very little people will click or reply.

I thank you for your patience and your answers.

Clearing and Adjustment are different things depending on your status. If you met and exceeded your firm offer, you use Adjustment. If not, you use Clearing. You need to decide which is appropriate for you and apply through the correct one - for Clearing, you can't currently be holding a university place.
Read the website for the unis you want to apply to, and see how they suggest you apply. But yes, it's probably a phone call. If you mean are you eligible - no idea. Your mess of a story doesn't actually explain what your current UCAS status is.
But you just said you were resitting, so you don't have your results.
Yes, you tell them everything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending