I dare you to question your purpose

Watch this thread
username2400323
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Why? Why do you want to do what you currently are? I've always wanted to do something for my mother and father but also to simply be ahead of everyone including clever family members who I happen to have been jealous about but no more am because I will try my best regardless of what they have done.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 years ago
I have passion for something but I don't have much interest in living. So I'm doing what I'm doing because killing myself is too scary.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 years ago
I'm not depressed and my life isn't as bad as so many other people but if suicide was accepted in Islam then I would've done it ages ago cos it's better than living in this cruel world. My purpose is just to please Allah and get to heaven.
Anonymous #3
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm not depressed and my life isn't as bad as so many other people but if suicide was accepted in Islam then I would've done it ages ago cos it's better than living in this cruel world. My purpose is just to please Allah and get to heaven.
Have you thought about going to war?
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
"I dare" - why dare? Is there anything inherently negative about questioning the purpose of oneself? I have no intrinsic purpose, just as no-one else does, but I give my own life purpose, from my perspective, through my interests, passions and relationships with others.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.94%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.36%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.58%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
16.67%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (34)
25.76%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
19.7%

Watched Threads