The Student Room Group

"White people have no culture and they steal other people's cultures"

Heard a black guy say this on the bus.

Discuss.

Scroll to see replies

Nonsense. Skin colour has absolutely nothing to do with culture or assimilation of culture. The UK has a culture, France has a culture, Belgium has a culture. Stupid comment with no relevance.
Just a load of racist, cultural Marxist rubbish. The white race have made more contributions to society than all others combined.
Weren't many scientific developments by white people? They just sound ungrateful to me :colone:
racist comments don't really need to be discussed, just called out for being racist.
Original post by Dot.Cotton
Just a load of racist, cultural Marxist rubbish. The white race have made more contributions to society than all others combined.

What the flip? Are you ignorant or just tired?

That's not what the guy was saying tho.
Original post by Sarahsez
Heard a black guy say this on the bus.

Discuss.

It was a stupid comment and the guy should be slapped for wasting everyone's time with racist words
You mean cultural appropriation?

I think its a load of bulls*** to be honest.
Culture shouldn't be caged for a group of people otherwise others can't accept each others cultures causing more conflicts due to misunderstanding things...
Also, whoever makes the 'idea' or 'trend' first owns that within their culture. This is really weird and unfair as in that case simple things like 'ripped jeans' should only be worn by people from American descent... its just weird in my opinion
Original post by PlainDoll
Weren't many scientific developments by white people? They just sound ungrateful to me :colone:

Nah, not really. Some were but not "many".

An equally ridiculous comment. Thanks for your daily nonsensical contribution, see you tomorrow. :yy:
Culture is not associated with race, rather geographical locations and different groups within society. (religion, etc.)
I am not being like them. I am just trying to correct misconceptions. If left unattended, they slowly become alternative facts and used as real facts.
It's a paranoid far-right conspiracy theory that claims anyone who disagrees with their worldview seeks to subvert and destroy western culture from within.

Often spouted by people who think supporting free tuition and healthcare makes you a communist.
(edited 6 years ago)
It has no real meaning, it's just used by bitter lonely neckbeards to justify their single status and why women view them as pond-life. They think if it all goes back to groups of people being oppressed and those evil black and brown get sent back, they'll be swimming in pussy when irl they'd still be in mum's basement ******* to dubiously drawn anime.
Reply 15
No you didn't lol
Nothing will happen. No, I don't feel threatened by anyone or anything.

I thought we have to correct misconceptions rather than shy away in the guise of not being threatened?

We let utterances to slide and this leads to misinformation. The smallest statements can lead to major gaps in knowledge.
Original post by HAnwar
No you didn't lol

tbh I've heard similar stuff being said on public transport
It's just racism and shouldn't be entertained.
If we didn't "steal" each other's culture, where would be? No where near as far as we are now, that's for sure. This is why the whole idea of "cultural appropriation" is completely flawed. We have shared ideas, cuisine, clothing, traditions, religion, etc between each other since the beginning of time - which is a good thing! It enriches our society and exposes us to new things. Culture exists in all societies and this rhetoric that "white people have no culture" has been spawned from Black supremacist groups such as Black Lives Matter, and people are lapping it up. Much like how people lapped up the hateful rhetoric spouted by the KKK.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending