Civil Service Fast Stream - Government Economic Service

Watch
sma0414
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi guys,

I had a question about the Government Economic Service that I was hoping an existing Fast Streamer on this stream could answer for me.

What kind of work do you typically do on a daily basis? In terms of the data analysis involved- what level is expected of you before you join? Is everything taught to you upon joining? Also, how did you feel the jump was/ work load is if you joined straight after graduating?

I'm looking into the Department for Education for the Provisional Assistant Economist role but any insights from anyone on the GES Fast Stream in an Economist role would be great.

I'm particularly interested in knowing what kind of work you did straight when you started in the first few months, as opposed to what kind of work you are doing a year later.

Any views would be great! Thank you so so much in advance!
benjila
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi,

Can I just ask where you saw the job role for Provisional Assistant Economist? I can never find assistant economist roles on Civil Service job page.

I am an Economics undergraduate. I am thinking of doing masters because a lot of Economist roles look for masters.
BenRyan99
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Public sector does nothing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (358)
84.04%
No (68)
15.96%

Watched Threads