Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just got my freshers pack this morning (and apart from all the fee paying stuff), the QM student events was there..

It's not that i'm worried, but a bit apprehensive - i've never been a party animal (although i like a good time), plus i'm gonna be living at home (although 15min away) and i feel a bit strange..

(I'm going to Queen Mary by the way)

So much is going on!! I may feel i need to go to all events, but then i realised, you have yet to meet all those on your course!! It just seems so overwhelming!! But i'm kinda looking forward to the UNKNOWN..lol

Does any one else feel like this (especially those living at home)?

ReputationRep:
    yes! i'm really worried about living away from home for the first time, meeting all the new people, doing all the freshers stuff on my own. It's really scary, but i guess its just the waiting for it to happen is the hard part. I go to Uni on the 18th and i'm sick of waiting I just want to get there now and experience it all. I'm sure once you get there you will be fine, you will get to know people and you will get into all the freshers stuff

ReputationRep:
    No one will manage every event, not even the most hardened party animal. Chose the ones you want to go to now, and then see which other ones your course friends are opting for and go to some of those too.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I'm living at home here in Lancing and going to Sussex University to do a BA (Hons) in Spanish and Italian. Um....I'll go to the events I want to go to and those I don't I won't, although in some cases, it will depend who I meet as to whether I go to certain events (such as the pub crawl perhaps), although I'd rather go bowling personally. Well, I can make my mind up when the time comes; I'll see how I feel then. I don't think I'm missing out on things completely, as I believe that I have made the right choice to stay at home, well certainly for this year, as it would have been a lot to cope with living away from home. I may possibly move out next year, although I don't know as of yet what I'll do.

C ya,

Jordan

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.