The Student Room Group

Explanation of award

The award letter from SFE just gives the amount of maintenance loan awarded. There is no explanation of how the amount has been calculated. The amount given is lower than I expected. How can I get an explanation of how the amount has been calculated? i.e. the actual figures used to produce that loan figure, not just a general explanation that it is based on figures supplied by the parents and student.
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi Cherrypete25,

In the first instance if you wanted us to check why your funding is lower than expected you can call us on 0300 100 0607. That way we can see if your application has been fully means tested. If it has, due to the Data Protection Act we can't disclose the total amount of sponsor household income to you over the phone unless your parents have set up Consent to Share for you to access their accounts. They can call us if they need to check the financial information they provided.

If your application has already been means tested and you want a detailed breakdown of how your funding has been calculated you would need to write in to us to request this with your Customer Reference Number (CRN). Along with this request any parent sponsors would also need to send in a signed and dated letter in writing advising that they give permission for their financial information to be disclosed in this written breakdown to you.

Once received, based on our current workflows it would take up to 20 working days for us to process your request. Any letters sent out in writing would take 7 to 10 working days to receive via post to your correspondence address on your account.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending