The Student Room Group

Insane meat cravings. I'm a vegetarian.

I've been vegetarian for the past few years. Never even liked the taste of meat. However, lately, I just keep craving meat, nonstop. Like, really, really badly. And not just cooked or roasted or whatever. I feel like I could eat it RAW, straight from the freezer. Disgusting, I know..... Whenever I see my boyfriend eating meat or making himself a meal with meat, or even when I make it for him I just frigging WANT it for myself. I feel so guilty : ( I don't want to start eating meat again, ever, I just love animals too much.
I'm curious, if any fellow vegetarians experienced this? How did you deal with it?

Scroll to see replies

You're probably low on iron
Low test!
Sad!
Give in to your temptations and take your boyfriend's meat in your mouth.
Ciel is a dirty boy
Reply 5
Original post by The Radiographer
You're probably low on iron

I am actually! Do you think that's the reason? I've been taking iron pills for a while but I don't think they are working, lol.
Original post by Caesar II
Low test!
Sad!

Testosterone levels? Don't thinks so. I don't really have any symptoms.

Original post by Quantex
Give in to your temptations and take your boyfriend's meat in your mouth.

Didn't help but thanks, we had fun. :colonhash:
It's natural, we've got canine teeth meant for ripping meat apart. Of course you can be a vegan if you want, but ending the day with lamb ribs after work is a very nice feeling.
Reply 7
Craving meat is normally linked to being low in iron, fortified foods like cereal will help but I'd also suggest taking some B12 tablets as the aid the ingestion of iron that is found in plants. I'm currently anemic and am taking folic acid tablets as prescribed by the doctor, I had never realised I was anemic until I had went vegan and decided to get a blood check to see if things were okay so even if you think you're fine I would suggest a quick blood test after a month or two of taking iron tablets.
You aren't an awful human for craving meat, eating the meat-replacements may give you the sensation of eating meat if your craving for a meat like texture is really bad.
Go on, have yourself a nice rare steak from the butchers. Eating meat in moderation is good
Reply 9
Original post by PlainDoll
Ciel is a dirty boy

Guys, can you not :laugh: This is a serious topic xD
Just have your boyfriends meat to stop your cravings :teehee:

Spoiler

Original post by AperfectBalance
Go on, have yourself a nice rare steak from the butchers. Eating meat in moderation is good

What if you have a rare steak everyday.
Ribeye. Stilton on top. Scrambled eggs. Beer-battered chips.

:sogood:
Original post by SirMilkSheikh
What if you have a rare steak everyday.

It probably would not be bad for your health as long as you were eating good portions and got all your other needs and did some exercise
Just eat a ****ing LOAD of it, get it out of your system, then you'll feel guilty afterwards and not want to eat it again for a long time.
Original post by Ciel.
Guys, can you not :laugh: This is a serious topic xD

For real though, I wouldn't give in to the temptation if I were you, you'll only regret. You are happy and healthy as you are correct?
It probably would not be bad for your health as long as you were eating good portions and got all your other needs and did some exercise

I felt good eating a 6 ounce steak daily. Never got bored of it. But it cost a bit so I've switched over to lamb ribs and chops, with the occasional steak. It's a good balance.
Original post by WoodyMKC
Just eat a ****ing LOAD of it, get it out of your system, then you'll feel guilty afterwards and not want to eat it again for a long time.

That only works with junk food, not meats and other goodness...
Original post by Tootles
Ribeye. Stilton on top. Scrambled eggs. Beer-battered chips.

:sogood:

Sirloin, Possibly a bit of Garlic butter on top,triple cooked chips. Heaven, although you cant have it too often
Reply 19
Original post by SirMilkSheikh
It's natural, we've got canine teeth meant for ripping meat apart. Of course you can be a vegan if you want, but ending the day with lamb ribs after work is a very nice feeling.

How can you feel nice about it, knowing that an animal was born and tormented just so that you could eat it?

Original post by Shauna x
Craving meat is normally linked to being low in iron, fortified foods like cereal will help but I'd also suggest taking some B12 tablets as the aid the ingestion of iron that is found in plants. I'm currently anemic and am taking folic acid tablets as prescribed by the doctor, I had never realised I was anemic until I had went vegan and decided to get a blood check to see if things were okay so even if you think you're fine I would suggest a quick blood test after a month or two of taking iron tablets.
You aren't an awful human for craving meat, eating the meat-replacements may give you the sensation of eating meat if your craving for a meat like texture is really bad.

Aww sorry to hear that. I'm anemic too. I've been taking iron pills for a while now but I feel like they are not working at all : < I tried quorn but it didn't really help.

Well... it's certainly not good for the poor animal that was sacrificed for you.
Original post by Anonymous
Just have your boyfriends meat to stop your cravings :teehee:

Spoiler

:colonhash:
IT.DID.NOT.HELP Please staph >.<

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending