A Level Stationery Watch

rainbowcthulu
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I'm starting sixth form in September and I'm looking at starting to shop for some stationery. I'm going to be studying Maths, Further Maths, Physics and either Computing or English Literature & Language, depending on my GCSE grades and which school I choose to go to.

The main thing that I'm thinking about is that my first choice school requires us to bring a laptop to school every day because much of the learning is done using technology. Would this eliminate the need to buy loads of paper and folders? If anyone goes to a sixth form like this, what do you currently use? Thanks in advance!
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rainbowcthulu)
So I'm starting sixth form in September and I'm looking at starting to shop for some stationery. I'm going to be studying Maths, Further Maths, Physics and either Computing or English Literature & Language, depending on my GCSE grades and which school I choose to go to.

The main thing that I'm thinking about is that my first choice school requires us to bring a laptop to school every day because much of the learning is done using technology. Would this eliminate the need to buy loads of paper and folders? If anyone goes to a sixth form like this, what do you currently use? Thanks in advance!
Just have a reserve set just in case. Sometimes a small 80 sheet pad of paper or even a folder with assorted paper in can be used as backup. A computer isnt always the fastest and most useful tool. If you dont need it then you are only down a few pens and sheets of paper etc.

The other thing is your exams are going to be done on paper so its best you dont get out of touch with using a pen or you will be seriously slow. Just the basic stationery and a calculator that you used for GCSE will be fine.

I would have some folder/ lever arch files one for each subject with dividers.
Plastic wallets, pens, highlighters, ruler etc. Then paper. Its just stationery nothing special.
rainbowcthulu
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Awesome, thanks so much!
jeffrey2000
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Just have a reserve set just in case. Sometimes a small 80 sheet pad of paper or even a folder with assorted paper in can be used as backup. A computer isnt always the fastest and most useful tool. If you dont need it then you are only down a few pens and sheets of paper etc.

The other thing is your exams are going to be done on paper so its best you dont get out of touch with using a pen or you will be seriously slow. Just the basic stationery and a calculator that you used for GCSE will be fine.

I would have some folder/ lever arch files one for each subject with dividers.
Plastic wallets, pens, highlighters, ruler etc. Then paper. Its just stationery nothing special.
"A computer isn't always the fastest tool"= although nowadays most computers can do over 2 billion calculations per second.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jeffrey2000)
"A computer isn't always the fastest tool"= although nowadays most computers can do over 2 billion calculations per second.
So what? Is that meant to be impressive? Are you saying its always the fastest way to do things?
jeffrey2000
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Depending on the task at hand, it probably will be faster in most cases. 2 billion calculations per second is impressive to me, I'd like to see how many you could do simultaneously! Obviously you have to be computer literate to maximise it's speed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (337)
15.64%
The paper was reasonable (1172)
54.39%
Not feeling great about that exam... (466)
21.62%
It was TERRIBLE (180)
8.35%

Watched Threads