The Student Room Group

Deciding to stay at home

I got my student loan through the other week, and I've been given over £8000 in maintenance for staying at uni accommodation.. but now I'm not sure if I even want to stay away at uni, so how does this affect that? Who do I contact to change this, and is there an estimate of how much this loan will drop? For guidance my single parent earns less than £15000 a year so I'm pretty sure what I've been given is the max.. i'll have to pay rent at home either way so I'll need the finances soon and I'm just praying it's not going to drop down to like £2000 or something😭 I've looked everywhere on line for this and there's actually nothing helpful😢
HI Danielle971

Are you applying as a new student or returning student?

Thanks
Original post by Danielle97l
I got my student loan through the other week, and I've been given over £8000 in maintenance for staying at uni accommodation.. but now I'm not sure if I even want to stay away at uni, so how does this affect that? Who do I contact to change this, and is there an estimate of how much this loan will drop? For guidance my single parent earns less than £15000 a year so I'm pretty sure what I've been given is the max.. i'll have to pay rent at home either way so I'll need the finances soon and I'm just praying it's not going to drop down to like £2000 or something😭 I've looked everywhere on line for this and there's actually nothing helpful😢

The maximum living at home is about 7k, so it'll drop by at least a thousand i'd have thought. You need to tell student finance you've changed your mind so they can decrease your loan.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending