The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheBBQ
You're equating a piece of meat to a flag that represents one of the most evil regimes in history who committed genocide on their community?

nope, at im trying to say that it would cause directly hate a to religon/race, similarly just like leaving an ISIS flag outside mosque which would directly cause offense to the Muslims in the community and as i said before, bang out of order.
Original post by talhaawan
nope, at im trying to say that it would cause directly hate a to religon/race, similarly just like leaving an ISIS flag outside mosque which would directly cause offense to the Muslims in the community and as i said before, bang out of order.

You do realise that hatred is not offence, don't you? Inciting hatred or violence is illegal, being offensive isn't.
Original post by spotify95
Whilst leaving a bacon sandwich outside a mosque could be seen as racial/religion hatred (due to some religions not eating certain meat products), sexual abuse is the worse crime here (especially a the victim was not even in their teens). Whilst both crimes are not on, and should be dealt with as such, the worse crime was the sexual assault (and the suspect for that got the lesser sentence).

There are some things in this world that I definitely do not agree on. And this is one of them.

Agree. Moreover, it is ridiculous on it's own to jail someone for a year, just because he has left a sandwich with bacon in front of a mosque. Hateful motivation? If he was really hateful, he would have done something worse. Proper reaction would be to laugh at this provocation. But no, the guy goes to prison for a year, because someone who believes that there is a God, who reveals his will only in Arabic, through a prophet who left this world on flying horse, and did some things disgraceful by the standards of modern ethics, feels offended by a pork sandwich...
Maybe we should all be already put in prisons for walking close to mosques, because we eat pork so we are obviously not clean in eyes of those who believe in this religion.

I shall post John Cleese's video again

[video="youtube;QAK0KXEpF8U"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAK0KXEpF8U[/video]
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 63
Amazing how little it takes to convince some people with tailored headlines.
Here's something these headlines failed to mention:
1 - he's part of a gang that were shouting abuse at members including elderly, rubbing bacon on door handles among other antisocial behaviour
2 - he died in prison from drug overdose

either way a nuttcase like him is bound to get themselves killed in prison
(edited 3 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending