Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now
    • TSR Community Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Calling all Freshers!

We have created this fancy area especially for you to document the run up to freshers and beyond!

Whether you want toshare all the exciting things you’re doing, vent frustration or just have capsule of your first year,this is the place for you.

Not only is this a great way for you to documents the next 9 months and connect with other students, but it’s also the perfect opportunity for you tohone your writing / blogging skills and have them on a platform which reaches teachers, students and potential employees.

Give it some love and your blog could be featured in ourweekly newsletter and promoted across out site and on TSR Facebook and Twitter (we have nearly 90k followers across both platforms!).

If you're not already itching to start typing, we will also be sending a large pizzato the member who has the best blog of the month which you can share with your housemates or chow down to yourself!

Funny, serious and everything in between,it’s your space so you can make it what you want.

Entries arenow openand close on the 15th October, but get typing now as the winner of the first pizza will be announced on the 4th of September.

When you're ready to get started, click here to create a new thread in the Fresher Blogs forum. That thread will be your blog; keep it updated regularly for a chance to win pizza. Nom! :pizza: :cookie: :pizza:

WINNERS:

4th September 2017

• CheeseIsVeg for a beautifully laid out, engaging and interesting first month. One XL Pizza coming your way. Congrats Cheese!

ReputationRep:
    Oooops. Never claimed to be able to read.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Very excited for this!
    • TSR Community Team
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinkx Monsoon)
    Oooops. Never claimed to be able to read.
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    Very excited for this!
    Are you both going to write one?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by She-Ra)
    Of course If I ever don't make a blog for one of these things then there's something seriously wrong :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    I definitely think I will! I've been enjoying the Summer Bucket List so much that I don't want to let blogging go.
    • TSR Community Team
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    Of course If I ever don't make a blog for one of these things then there's something seriously wrong :laugh:
    :woo: :yay:

I definitely think I will! I've been enjoying the Summer Bucket List so much that I don't want to let blogging go.
    Awesome!

Which uni are you going too? :wizard:

ReputationRep:
    Which uni are you going too? :wizard:
    Royal Holloway. I'm super nervous about Freshers, so this might be a nice way to take the edge off a little.
    • TSR Community Team
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Royal Holloway. I'm super nervous about Freshers, so this might be a nice way to take the edge off a little.
    Royal Holloway looks and sounds lovely! Has a great community feel from what I heard :heart:

Yes, absolutely, the whole point of the blogs is that you share the whole experience and members can come in and support - also learn a whole lot about your experience

ReputationRep:
    Well let's say that today I was just bored so I surfed around the web to look for interesting stuff

ReputationRep:
    How do i enter???
    • TSR Community Team
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pandasandpens)
    How do i enter???
    Just start up a new thread in this forum. That will be your freshers blog. Post regularly and you'll have a great chance of the free pizza.

ReputationRep:
    Serious question - where is the pizza from?? I always say that I like doing these things anyway and I'm not really bothered whether I win anything because it's just fun anyway but pizza is a big deal dude!
    • TSR Community Team
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greghayes)
    Serious question - where is the pizza from?? I always say that I like doing these things anyway and I'm not really bothered whether I win anything because it's just fun anyway but pizza is a big deal dude!
    I'm gonna defer to Danny Dorito here; she's the one who's going to be sorting all the pizza goodness...
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    I know, pizza is life. The week we posted this I ended up eating 3 pizzas in a week :drool:. Who is the pizza provider is still to be decided. Got a particular place that you think would be good? (has to deliver)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny Dorito)
    I know, pizza is life. The week we posted this I ended up eating 3 pizzas in a week :drool:. Who is the pizza provider is still to be decided. Got a particular place that you think would be good? (has to deliver)
    I'm having pizza tonight to celebrate results! I'm going to be at York uni and I looked on Dominos and Papa Johns with the postcode for the uni but neither said they delivered :shock: I think they would but they're seriously missing out if they don't... I personally think that dominos is a nicer pizza but papa johns does a nicer garlic bread so I'm totally torn!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I hate pizza so please exclude me from that but I'm very up for this!

Wanted to document my experience in Paris somewhere, seems like I've found a good place to do it!
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    I'm having pizza tonight to celebrate results! I'm going to be at York uni and I looked on Dominos and Papa Johns with the postcode for the uni but neither said they delivered :shock: I think they would but they're seriously missing out if they don't... I personally think that dominos is a nicer pizza but papa johns does a nicer garlic bread so I'm totally torn!
    Ahhh Greg congrats! York is lovely, you'll have such a lovely time. You definitely deserve a pizza. What kind you going to getting? (Sorry I'm a massive food perv lol).
    Dominos is a gooden, I like texas BBQ or veggie feast.
    You should def start a blog (if you haven't already).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny Dorito)
    Ahhh Greg congrats! York is lovely, you'll have such a lovely time. You definitely deserve a pizza. What kind you going to getting? (Sorry I'm a massive food perv lol).
    Dominos is a gooden, I like texas BBQ or veggie feast.
    You should def start a blog (if you haven't already).
    Thank you York is my dream uni (literally, I have been dreaming about it for months now) and I can't wait to go, especially since my best friend is coming with me!

I'm boring in that I like plain foods so just a standard margherita for me but I'm cheap on a night out at a restaurant I guess.

And yeah I've started a blog. In fact, I think She-Ra said I was the first one which is new for me!

ReputationRep:
    I'll ask my brother what takeaways he recommends at York! He was in Vanbrugh -- what about you?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 4, 2017
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.