The Student Room Group

Freshers blog 2017: win a pizza for you & your housemates every month for a year

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jinkx Monsoon
I'll ask my brother what takeaways he recommends at York! He was in Vanbrugh -- what about you?

I'll be in Goodricke (my first choice accommodation too!)
Original post by Paracosm
I hate pizza so please exclude me from that but I'm very up for this!

Wanted to document my experience in Paris somewhere, seems like I've found a good place to do it!

prsom!!!!
Not sure whether to do this or not :holmes:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
prsom!!!!
Not sure whether to do this or not :holmes:

D o

I t

n o w

N O W
D o

I t

n o w

N O W

I will continue to give it a ponder :beard:
I will continue to give it a ponder :beard:

delete the pondering

make the thread

please

we can motivate each other to keep them updated

pls
Original post by greghayes
Thank you :smile: York is my dream uni (literally, I have been dreaming about it for months now) and I can't wait to go, especially since my best friend is coming with me!

I'm boring in that I like plain foods so just a standard margherita for me but I'm cheap on a night out at a restaurant I guess.

And yeah I've started a blog. In fact, I think She-Ra said I was the first one which is new for me!

Ah that's amazing that you got into your dream uni and you're going with your best friend! Yeah bet you're itching to head off. Nah nothing wrong with a margherita.

Cool, I'll go check it out!
Hey, I'd love to enter but I have a long-term blog on TSR that charts from the end of my A-Level exams and I plan to update right up until I (hopefully) get my Ph.D.! :frown:
delete the pondering

make the thread

please

pls

really not sure Paracosywosy :ashamed2:
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Hey, I'd love to enter but I have a long-term blog on TSR that charts from the end of my A-Level exams and I plan to update right up until I (hopefully) get my Ph.D.! :frown:

I just started (what will be a long-term) blog, so I didn't post it in the freshers forum. :sad: It would be nice if there was just one forum for all uni related blogs, instead of having some in this forum, some in Postgraduate Support and some in Blogs. @Danny Dorito? :flute:
Original post by Snufkin
I just started (what will be a long-term) blog, so I didn't post it in the freshers forum. :sad: It would be nice if there was just one forum for all uni related blogs, instead of having some in this forum, some in Postgraduate Support and some in Blogs. @Danny Dorito?

That would be great!! :biggrin: Also, as a CA, is there any way I could get permissions to change the title of my blog? :flute: I don't want to be rude, just thought I'd ask.
Original post by SteamboatMickey
That would be great!! :biggrin: Also, as a CA, is there any way I could get permissions to change the title of my blog? :flute: I don't want to be rude, just thought I'd ask.

Apparently you can edit your own thread titles but I've never figured out how to do it, but you can just ask one of the Community ST's to edit it for you?
Ok I did it
pizza is love, pizza is life
I hate pizza so please exclude me from that but I'm very up for this!

Wanted to document my experience in Paris somewhere, seems like I've found a good place to do it!

:lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut:

:creep:
YAYYAYA PIZZA IS BAE

Anyone else more of a night in than a night out kinda person.

I think freshers is going to be more like a week of pizza for me. Haha no i'll probably drag myself out a few times.
Congratulations, @CheeseIsVeg!!! :redface:
Congratulations, @CheeseIsVeg!!! :redface:

I thought there was more than one prize? :erm:
I thought there was more than one prize? :erm:

I think it's one pizza per month, but with a different winner every month? :s-smilie:
I think it's one pizza per month, but with a different winner every month? :s-smilie:

I have no idea?!?
Original post by Danny Dorito
Calling all Freshers!

We have created this fancy area especially for you to document the run up to freshers and beyond!

Whether you want toshare all the exciting things you’re doing, vent frustration or just have capsule of your first year, this is the place for you.

Not only is this a great way for you to documents the next 9 months and connect with other students, but it’s also the perfect opportunity for you to hone your writing / blogging skills and have them on a platform which reaches teachers, students and potential employees.

Give it some love and your blog could be featured in our weekly newsletter and promoted across out site and on TSR Facebook and Twitter (we have nearly 90k followers across both platforms!).

If you're not already itching to start typing, we will also be sending a large pizza to the member who has the best blog of the month which you can share with your housemates or chow down to yourself!

Funny, serious and everything in between, it’s your space so you can make it what you want.

Entries are now open and close on the 15th October, but get typing now as the winner of the first pizza will be announced on the 4th of September.

When you're ready to get started, click here to create a new thread in the Fresher Blogs forum. That thread will be your blog; keep it updated regularly for a chance to win pizza. Nom! :pizza: :cookie: :pizza:

WINNERS:

4th September 2017

@CheeseIsVeg for a beautifully laid out, engaging and interesting first month. One XL Pizza coming your way. Congrats Cheese!

:woo: Thanks so much guys! XL PIZZA :gah:
To the next blog entry :cheers:
:woo: Thanks so much guys! XL PIZZA :gah:
To the next blog entry :cheers:

delete the pondering

make the thread*

please

pls

see, it was all worth it! :biggrin: :biggrin:

I wonder what would have happened if you hadn't have taken my advice? :hmmmm:

*Terms and conditions apply, see profile for more details. Paracosm Independent Counselling LLP reserves the right to claim 100% of your XL pizza in lieu of our consultation fee of £23.40 for the advice to open your own Freshers blog. Your statutory rights are not affected. Please make the cheque payable to Paracosm Independent Counselling LLP and return to PO Box 91191 London. Failure to pay fee will result in pizza acquisition. IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP WITH REPAYMENTS YOUR PROPERTY MAY BE REPOSSESSED. We reserve the right to instruct enforcement officers to recover goods to the total cost of your consultation fee, should this occur, you will be charged a further £150 for their instruction. Copyright Paracosm, all rights reserved. Always read the label. Don't drink and drive, THINK™. See it, say it, sort it. Hotel? Trivago. This is a meme and of course a joke. Congratulations!

Quick Reply

Latest