sleeping on call with partner? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm in an LDR with my boyfriend. We call every night just to catch up, but he told me he likes it and finds it 'cute' when we don't end the phone call but fall asleep with the phone call still going. At first I thought it was cute, and we did it for a few days, but now it's just feeling a bit weird. I kind of like my own privacy when I'm sleeping and not feeling as though I'm being monitored the whole night if it makes sense.

Plus sometimes my mum will barge into my room and demand I wake up etc and he can hear everything that's going on. Is this sleeping whilst on the phone thing meant to be romantic, or is it just weird?
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is it not expensive?
Anonymous #1
and then obviously first thing in the morning, I have to pick up the phone again and say good morning and have a whole other conversation. He also sometimes calls me during the day too, for hours at a time and if I try to end it, he gets all sulky. Is calling sometimes 4 hours a day not enough?! It feels suffocating.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ)
Is it not expensive?
whatsapp calling, so it's free and unlimited
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
whatsapp calling, so it's free and unlimited
Video call? If it is, I'd say its a tad weird.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ)
Video call? If it is, I'd say its a tad weird.
tried that once, I wasn't feeling it so he suggested we do normal calling without video calling
Kravence
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just stay silent for a minute or two then hang up.
roasted mnm
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Creepy as fook
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
creepy and it needs to happen naturally. for it to be a request is weird as ****. Let's hope you consummate your relationship whilst conscious.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Kravence)
Just stay silent for a minute or two then hang up.
lmfao play dead ini
A321
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just end the call when you start to feel sleepy or pretend your phones dying. I've done this once whilst talking to a friend lol he woke up at 5am to realise we were still on the phone. That was...weird lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't think that it's creepy. I've heard of it before and it is rather adorable, to me.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
I know that I personally have trouble sleeping and get quite anxious at night and my s/o falls asleep a lot earlier than I do, particularly when we're on facetime. I keep the call on eventhough I know he's asleep as it makes me feel relaxed and comforted. Not quite sure if your boyfriend is doing it as comfort and means no harm, or if he's doing it in a ''need to know what you're doing" sort of way, but i know when i do the same I'm doing it out of comfort rather than creepiness🤷*♀️
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've heard of a lot of people doing this, meant to be cute or something apparently.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (14)
5.91%
No (223)
94.09%

Watched Threads