The Student Room Group
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website

Newbie mature student starting September 2017

Hey there I am starting counselling coaching and mentoring in September and I haven't heard anything from uni about start dates or attendance days? Can anyone help on here not sure what to expect and wondering if I should have heard something by now. Thanks
Original post by Emslouisa83
Hey there I am starting counselling coaching and mentoring in September and I haven't heard anything from uni about start dates or attendance days? Can anyone help on here not sure what to expect and wondering if I should have heard something by now. Thanks

Call the University.
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website

Hi, i am on the same course and not heard anything either. I did get a timetable from last year which was Mon, Wed and Fri first semester, then Mon and Wed in second semester. The lecturers on my visit day suggested a similiar timetable for 2017. Once people have their results we will get to know more I guess. Freshers is 11 to 15 Sept. I am assuming we start lectures on the 18 Sept but not totally sure. Will you be living in or commuting?
Reply 3
Original post by Hippychick71
Hi, i am on the same course and not heard anything either. I did get a timetable from last year which was Mon, Wed and Fri first semester, then Mon and Wed in second semester. The lecturers on my visit day suggested a similiar timetable for 2017. Once people have their results we will get to know more I guess. Freshers is 11 to 15 Sept. I am assuming we start lectures on the 18 Sept but not totally sure. Will you be living in or commuting?

Hi,
Thank you for your reply! This info really helps. I am commuting to do my degree, have you enjoyed this degree so far? Would love to hear more about it. Thank you for replying 😊
Hi,
Thank you for your reply! This info really helps. I am commuting to do my degree, have you enjoyed this degree so far? Would love to hear more about it. Thank you for replying 😊

Hi again, I am starting my first year in September with yourself. I did some research prior to applying to ensure it was realistic enough to do the course as like you I will be commuting and working part time. My name is Elly by the way and looking forward to meeting you 😁
Reply 5
Aww that's great elly my name is Emma, where are you commuting from? I am really looking forward to meeting you, I am a little nervous about starting studying again. How about you? Emma x
Aww that's great elly my name is Emma, where are you commuting from? I am really looking forward to meeting you, I am a little nervous about starting studying again. How about you? Emma x

Hi Emma, very nervous too. I guess its normal 😂. Ill be commuting from Keighley but will stay in the YHA from time to time which is about 20 min walk from uni at reasonable prices although it is sharing. Where are you traveling from? It's great to be able to connect with another fellow student.
Reply 7
Hi Emma, very nervous too. I guess its normal 😂. Ill be commuting from Keighley but will stay in the YHA from time to time which is about 20 min walk from uni at reasonable prices although it is sharing. Where are you traveling from? It's great to be able to connect with another fellow student.

I am travelling from Scarborough, so only about 45 mins an hour away, thinking of going on the train. Yes it is lovely to connect with a student in the same boat. Looking forward to meeting you x
I am travelling from Scarborough, so only about 45 mins an hour away, thinking of going on the train. Yes it is lovely to connect with a student in the same boat. Looking forward to meeting you x

Hi Emma, I was just wondering if you were all set i.e. enrolled ect online which at least gives access to freshers week timetable? Have you booked any tickets for the social events during that week? Well look forward to meeting you in a few weeks x
Reply 9
Hi Emma, I was just wondering if you were all set i.e. enrolled ect online which at least gives access to freshers week timetable? Have you booked any tickets for the social events during that week? Well look forward to meeting you in a few weeks x

Hi lovely, I am really sad to say I have had to defer my place until next year as I've recently had Some bad news about my mum. I am sure you will have a wonderful time and hope you enjoy every minute of it. Hopefully I will meet you in the future Good luck Emma
Hi lovely, I am really sad to say I have had to defer my place until next year as I've recently had Some bad news about my mum. I am sure you will have a wonderful time and hope you enjoy every minute of it. Hopefully I will meet you in the future Good luck Emma

Hi Emma, I am so sorry to hear that, thinking of you at this difficult time. I look forward to meeting you in the future. Take care lass
Reply 11
Hi Emma, I am so sorry to hear that, thinking of you at this difficult time. I look forward to meeting you in the future. Take care lass

Thank you lovely we will indeed meet up in the future have a great time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending