How to be content will life...

Watch
Bungalow Bill
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I've got few friends and no girlfriend. I get a bit depressed when I am alone especially in the holidays. How can I learn to become content with life as it is and be happy with who I am?
Anonymous #1
Report 3 years ago
You need to find a purpose in life, that motivates you. Find something to do, especially during the holidays that will help develop yourself. Learn a skill, a language (programming or otherwise), take up a job, help others in need, set goals for yourself. Realise that people come and go, even your existing friends, and girlfriends. Your skillset stays with you.
Bungalow Bill
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
You need to find a purpose in life, that motivates you. Find something to do, especially during the holidays that will help develop yourself. Learn a skill, a language (programming or otherwise), take up a job, help others in need, set goals for yourself. Realise that people come and go, even your existing friends, and girlfriends. Your skillset stays with you.
Thank You.
Bungalow Bill
Rep:
?
Bump
jkls92
Badges: 20
Report 3 years ago
Try stoicism.
Bungalow Bill
Rep:
?
(Original post by usualsuspects)
Try stoicism.
What is that?
jkls92
Badges: 20
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Bungalow Bill)
What is that?
A circa 2500 year old philosophy from Ancient Greek and Rome. It's mainly about how to deal with your life. It can be applied to modern life too and there are recent successful books on this.

One of its teachings is about being (intellectually/psychologically) self-sufficient and not depending on others (ie not placing your happiness and what is important for you in external factors that don't depend on you).

Alternatively, try to make new friends or plan in advance a holiday with some of them next summer. As for this holiday, get a hobby or set a goal and work towards it. I've spent summers as administrator of minecraft servers (although that wasn't the only thing I did), one researching my choice of uni/career and working towards it.
Richard0328
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
figure out what really matters. Money and lots of friends are necessary but you don't need a lot of either to be happy. You need to figure out what you want though
Bungalow Bill
Rep:
?
(Original post by Richard0328)
figure out what really matters. Money and lots of friends are necessary but you don't need a lot of either to be happy. You need to figure out what you want though
Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (22)
14.01%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (42)
26.75%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (65)
41.4%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
14.65%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
3.18%

Watched Threads