The Student Room Group

3rd year

Hey. I am a 2nd year student currently resitting 2 courses. One of them is a core module which, I am confident that I will pass in. The other is an optional module, which at this point, i don't think i'll be able to pass as I left it really late. My grades have mostly range from 40s- low 60s. If i pass the core module, do you think they'll let me into 3rd year with a failed optional module or do i have to resit the year if I fail the one resit course?
Original post by nieR
Hey. I am a 2nd year student currently resitting 2 courses. One of them is a core module which, I am confident that I will pass in. The other is an optional module, which at this point, i don't think i'll be able to pass as I left it really late. My grades have mostly range from 40s- low 60s. If i pass the core module, do you think they'll let me into 3rd year with a failed optional module or do i have to resit the year if I fail the one resit course?

It depends on the rules of your uni. They are unique to your uni and are usually on the website. the normal way they work is they will assess what your mark is and look to see whether they can give you a condoned pass from anything between 36-39%. To proceed to 3rd year then you are most likely to need 120 credits.

The exam panel will determine what options you have from condoned pass to fruther resit, but progression to just resit and no progression. It all depends on your score, If you have mitigating circumstances then let then know.

Only the exam panel can decide what they wish to do with your case in respect of progression. Try your best and hope for a pass, condoned or otherwise.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending