Mature Student Self Studying A Level Religious Studies

Watch
soniacoop
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
A little context: I hoped to go into teaching this year however was told i need to have a qualification in Religious Studies. I am self studying this due to limited time with work, and the cost of going to college.

1) I am wondering if anyone has tips to self studying an A level?
2) If you have any resources, notes, mindmaps, essays, anything on AS and A level Religious Studies as it is difficult to know where to start?
3) What books do you recommend?
4) And any general tips that you have for me?

Anything would be greatly appreciated considering I feel like i'm in a sticky situation.
brainzistheword
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by soniacoop)
A little context: I hoped to go into teaching this year however was told i need to have a qualification in Religious Studies. I am self studying this due to limited time with work, and the cost of going to college.

1) I am wondering if anyone has tips to self studying an A level?
2) If you have any resources, notes, mindmaps, essays, anything on AS and A level Religious Studies as it is difficult to know where to start?
3) What books do you recommend?
4) And any general tips that you have for me?

Anything would be greatly appreciated considering I feel like i'm in a sticky situation.
I'd recommend downloading the specification for your exam board and using it as a checklist. I'd then suggest working through it to make sure you cover everything and then testing what you've learnt with past papers.

In terms of books, a CGP one might be worth a try, if you don't mind their style and layout. This will give you an idea of how much you need to know for each topic, and you can always read extra on these.

My biggest tip would be to plan in advance so that a) you know what you need to cover each time and b) you know if you'll cover everything in time

If you've anymore questions just ask
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Assuming you're in England, you'll be in the first year completing the new linear A level so there isn't a lot of stuff out there. Have you picked an exam board and the units you want to study yet?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (5)
9.09%
I need help researching courses (5)
9.09%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.45%
I need help with my personal statement (24)
43.64%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (13)
23.64%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
3.64%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.45%

Watched Threads