davesladeuk
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi I applied for Diagnostic imaging through clearing not having applied through UCAS this year. I only have 60 Open University credits in science and admissions are having a look at my module to see if i would be eligible so fingers crossed as haven't heard anything for 2 weeks :/
QuentinM
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Maybe chase them up with an email
davesladeuk
Rep:
?
(Original post by QuentinM)
Maybe chase them up with an email
Thanks think i might have to 😑
davesladeuk
Rep:
?
Had a message from the medical school today saying they needed my transcript and results letter from OU to consider me, all this has been sent to the central admissions already so called them and hopefully i will know something sometime next week.
BonsaiClouds
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by davesladeuk)
Had a message from the medical school today saying they needed my transcript and results letter from OU to consider me, all this has been sent to the central admissions already so called them and hopefully i will know something sometime next week.
Good luck - I'd say chase them up again if you don't hear in about a week.
QuentinM
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I had to sit through three years of a degree run by the medical school and the admin was a complete catastrophe-I wouldn't trust them to get back to you within a week, so my advice, having personally dealt with them in the past, is keep emailing them every few days to chase it up.
davesladeuk
Rep:
?
(Original post by BonsaiClouds)
Good luck - I'd say chase them up again if you don't hear in about a week.
Thanks, had a message from the medical school this morning saying they had everything and would consider my application 😁
BonsaiClouds
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thanks, had a message from the medical school this morning saying they had everything and would consider my application 😁
In that case, fingers crossed!
davesladeuk
Rep:
?
(Original post by BonsaiClouds)
In that case, fingers crossed!
OMG i have a skype interview on monday morning :eek: i hope that's a good thing :afraid:
QuentinM
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
OMG i have a skype interview on monday morning :eek: i hope that's a good thing :afraid:
Im gonna go ahead and say YES! Congrats!

If it helps, I studied Medical science there-which isnt the same but I did do one of the medical imaging modules in final year. So I probably know a few of the staff that may be involved in the interview. I've also had two interviews at the Exeter Med school, so if you want to task anything, im more than happy to help!
QuentinM
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Also hang on....no way in this planet that the Med school did admin stuff THIS quickly. WTF is happening.
davesladeuk
Rep:
?
Im gonna go ahead and say YES! Congrats!

If it helps, I studied Medical science there-which isnt the same but I did do one of the medical imaging modules in final year. So I probably know a few of the staff that may be involved in the interview. I've also had two interviews at the Exeter Med school, so if you want to task anything, im more than happy to help!
Thanks i'm chuffed to bits hopefully if i present myself well I might get in, do you know what sort of questions they might ask? I have done a bit of research of radiography interviews but there isn't a lot of details
QuentinM
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thanks i'm chuffed to bits hopefully if i present myself well I might get in, do you know what sort of questions they might ask? I have done a bit of research of radiography interviews but there isn't a lot of details
Can't think for radiology now i think about it tbh. They would probably open with the standard questions at uni interviews:

1) Why do you want to study medical imaging?
2) Why do you want to study Medical imaging HERE (ie in Exeter and not elsewhere)

They may probe further depending on what you say....I chose Exeter because they can do a lot of Problem based learning for their other medical school courses, but this isnt true in Medical Imaging. They probed me further on "why not another uni that offers PBL". So make sure you have a solid answer on something only Exeter can offer-you think.

I imagine you could get all the "where do you see yourself after graduating" kinda questions, other generic stuff like "give us an example of a time you worked in a team effectively" or "what do you consider your biggest achievement", etc etc. Feel free to message me if you want to discuss anything further.
davesladeuk
Rep:
?
Can't think for radiology now i think about it tbh. They would probably open with the standard questions at uni interviews:

1) Why do you want to study medical imaging?
2) Why do you want to study Medical imaging HERE (ie in Exeter and not elsewhere)

They may probe further depending on what you say....I chose Exeter because they can do a lot of Problem based learning for their other medical school courses, but this isnt true in Medical Imaging. They probed me further on "why not another uni that offers PBL". So make sure you have a solid answer on something only Exeter can offer-you think.

I imagine you could get all the "where do you see yourself after graduating" kinda questions, other generic stuff like "give us an example of a time you worked in a team effectively" or "what do you consider your biggest achievement", etc etc. Feel free to message me if you want to discuss anything further.
Thanks for that I'll message you if i think of anything else
davesladeuk
Rep:
?
OMG they made me an offer I'M IN!
8lealeaBA
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Congratulations, I had the same interview and confirmed yesterday. I'm excited now. It is nice to speak to someone else starting in September.
davesladeuk
Rep:
?
Hello nice to meet you and well done! Be seeing you in a few weeks
QuentinM
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 8lealeaBA)
Congratulations, I had the same interview and confirmed yesterday. I'm excited now. It is nice to speak to someone else starting in September.
Great job guys! I loved living in Exeter, i hope you'll enjoy your studies too. Let me know if you have any questions about the medical school campus (St Lukes), the city....or anything you can think of. Ive done a general medical imaging module so might be able to help with some things like that too.
davesladeuk
Rep:
?
Great job guys! I loved living in Exeter, i hope you'll enjoy your studies too. Let me know if you have any questions about the medical school campus (St Lukes), the city....or anything you can think of. Ive done a general medical imaging module so might be able to help with some things like that too.
Thanks, i can't wait now :awesome:
8lealeaBA
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thank you, frantically trying to prepare myself now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (14)
11.86%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (29)
24.58%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (51)
43.22%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (20)
16.95%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
3.39%

Watched Threads