How long and how hard should it be.... Watch

Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
To learn the saxophone?

I really want to learn how to play the saxophone, I plan on buying one around the end of August and will aim to play at least 30 minutes a day with some days being wholely dedicated or at least a few hours, I plan to self teach for now. I know everyone is different when it comes to this stuff since someone could just pick it up and instantly get the hang or someone could practice for ages but just suck... but roughly how long would you expect to take before you could have a jazz session or replicate a song? and if anyone has any experience how hard did you find it to learn?

Thanks
Rep:
?
(Original post by sknudson)
lol at long and hard

Do you have any background in music? If you're going into any new instrument knowing how to read sheet music and understand basic theory, then you'll be miles ahead and it'll be a matter of memorizing your fingering to get going. lol
I did that on purpose, I should use an ellipsis for the rest of the title to get more attention lol and no, I breiefly read music when learning the piano but I mostly went off learning by keys since they’d glow lol. I guess I don’t have much background, I’ve near zero background in wind instruments too although I did play the recorder
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by zayn008)
I’m not sure if this belongs in the music section but I think it’s more chatty than a genuine music question

I really want to learn how to play the saxophone, I plan on buying one around the end of August and will aim to play at least 30 minutes a day with some days being wholely dedicated or at least a few hours, I plan to self teach for now. I know everyone is different when it comes to this stuff since someone could just pick it up and instantly get the hang or someone could practice for ages but just suck... but roughly how long would you expect to take before you could have a jazz session or replicate a song? and if anyone has any experience how hard did you find it to learn?

Thanks
One word: embouchure.
username3150658
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
DAMN IT...
NOONA.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Lol I'm disappointed😂 clickbait
Rep:
?
Bump
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by zayn008)
Bump
ask someone whos used to blowing it. :yy:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.82%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.79%
I don't think they'd understand (51)
15.13%
It might lead to more bullying (128)
37.98%
There's nothing they could do (102)
30.27%

Watched Threads