Alevel english a year behind...help!

Watch this thread
ewarner2000
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi im taking english language as an alevel in september but as they arent running it for my year i am taking it with the year above. That means ill learn the year 2 content before year 1. If anyone has any good websites or revision resources for the first uear of aqa alevel english language 7701/7702 please let me know.... i dont want to go in totally unprepared, have no one that i know in the year above and cannot contact the teachers-i dont know who they are!!
999tigger
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ewarner2000)
Hi im taking english language as an alevel in september but as they arent running it for my year i am taking it with the year above. That means ill learn the year 2 content before year 1. If anyone has any good websites or revision resources for the first uear of aqa alevel english language 7701/7702 please let me know.... i dont want to go in totally unprepared, have no one that i know in the year above and cannot contact the teachers-i dont know who they are!!
Contact the college, explain the situation and ask for the details for the head of the department. You can e-mail them.

As pointed out previously the text revision books seem to be on topic and you could read that over the holidays. The first one has 5 star reviews and the second 4.5 stars.
Harley's_Queen
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Hi,

As mentioned previously, contact the college and explain.

However, in A2 they revisit what you learn in 1st year but to not that great detail as they assume you did it at 'AS' level. In your 1st year you learn the 6/7 language levels and how to answer paper 1. You also start to learn the theory behind language diversity for paper 2. In your 2nd year, you revisit this but also have to learn child language acquisition, opinion pieces as well as writing them and language change (essentially the history of the English Language).

Hope this helps! If you need any other help, just PM me 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (92)
42.01%
They're exactly what I expected (52)