The Student Room Group

Home schooling advice.

I'm considering home schooling next year for a few reasons. Has anyone else home schooled and felt they have got all the grades they need? How was the social aspect?I've just finished year 10 and I'm currently taking triple science, English, maths, Spanish, art and history.Is it hard to take subjects like art and history when you are home schooled?Any information whatsoever would be greatly appreciated.Thank you.
Original post by Helit64
I'm considering home schooling next year for a few reasons. Has anyone else home schooled and felt they have got all the grades they need? How was the social aspect?I've just finished year 10 and I'm currently taking triple science, English, maths, Spanish, art and history.Is it hard to take subjects like art and history when you are home schooled?Any information whatsoever would be greatly appreciated.Thank you.

You can contact these people
https://educationotherwise.org/

https://educationotherwise.org/index.php/current-legal-status

There are various ways of doing it by correspondence or teaching yourself. Its your parents who need to agree to it.

Social aspect is what you make of it.

It could be suitable or it could go very wrong and without formalised support you could end up not doing well.
Home Education is very difficult. I received my results yesterday and luckily I was happy with what I achieved.
It is hard to pursue certain subjects without being in school. I only managed to take English and Maths and that alone cost my parents over £700.
I chose to use a company called Oxford Home Schooling for my GCSE's. You are given an online tutor for all your subjects and have to complete regular assignments and then send them to your tutor to be marked. Both my english and maths tutors were brilliant with me and really helped me progress quickly.

The social aspect is all down to you as a person, I personally hate the phrase 'Home educated children have no social life'. If you already have friends now you do not all of a sudden lose them because you are suddenly educated from home as opposed to being in school.

I hope this helps you and if you have any more questions please do feel free to drop me a message and I will try my hardest to answer your questions.
It's possible to homeschool in almost anything, including art and history. These days, if you can't find the support for your studies locally, then online is the place to go - even for a subject like art.

You'll also find that the internet has now facilitated a community of homeschoolers - there's no need to be isolated if that's what you decide to do.

Quick Reply

Latest