The Student Room Group

BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma Applied Science Results Questions

Hi, so I received my grades in the mail yesterday for completing first year. I got 9 distinctions and 1 merit. So my first question is does anybody know what overall grade this is? For first year I mean. Bare in mind this is first year. My next question is basically the 1 merit I got I'm not very happy with one bit. This is because when I handed this particular assignment in I was told that I had hit all the criteria and that I'd be getting a distinction overall for this unit. So my question is am I allowed to have this looked at next year in September? It's only one distinction criteria which I'm certain I hit. Can my teachers fix this because I'm absolutely certain that I had hit all the criteria. If my teachers can't do anything then can I have this appealed or remarked or something? Final question, I've been told that if I want to finish with D*D*D* which is what I'm aiming for, I can still achieve this and I'm still allowed to get one more unit at merit but this requires the remaining units to be at distinction. Is this true??? Please help. Many thanks
Here is how to check what your overall grade will be at the end: http://www.speedking.eu/grade-calculator/

I'm looking forward of getting D*D*D* on Thursday. Throughout the course I got distinctions for all the modules I had done, allowing me to get the above grades. Just use the calculator to see what results you can potential get at the end of your qualification, or speak to teacher.
Pretty sure you can have up to 3 merits before you go to D*D*D I just finished college with D*D*D* with Ds in everything but I calculated it to 3 merits if I wanted to slack
I've just completed this course with 3 D*D*D*'s and I'm off to uni this September. To answer your questions:
You overall grade for first year is: D*D* (Congrats!!)
You're allowed to ask about the grade you got for that particular unit but remember if a re-mark is permitted there is no guarantee that you will DEFINITELY get a distinction. Your teachers can only do anything up to an extent. You can contact the exam itself and see whether there is anything you can do (may or may not be too late).
And yes, that is true you can only afford only ONE more Merit and the rest of the units HAS to be distinctions in order to gain 3 D*D*D*'s
Hope this helped !! And good luck for the next year, NEVER GIVE UP AND CARRY ON JUST LIKE YOU DID !!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending