The Student Room Group

Protect the planet for $180,000 a year!

NASA are hiring!

Do you think you have what it takes to protect the earth? If yes, then you could be the next 'planetary protection officer' (I prefer Guardian of the Galaxy) and a more than decent $124,406- $187,000 salary!

One of the main responsibilities is to protect the Earth from alien contamination!

On top of a degree in engineering, physics or maths, you also need "advanced knowledge of planetary protection"...which might be a bit tricky to get work experience in.

Would you do this job? Or would you be more like this...

Seems like a dream job, until you mess up and cause the destruction of the planet! Seem's like a lot of pressure. Let me know what you think of this job ad!
(edited 6 years ago)
Don't actually get to go to space, 0/10.
Reply 2
Might get your foot in the door :laugh:
Original post by summer1311
Might get your foot in the door :laugh:

The right person could probably justify a trip to the ISS as essential on-the-job training :ahee:
Hmm. You omitted two vital qualifications: (a) the candidate must be a US citizen and (b) the candidate must be security cleared in the USA already.
Reply 5
"I need to go up there so I can assess the planet....I'm the protection officer, I must see what I'm protecting! Do you want to be responsible for alien contamination?!"
Bah, you can get better money at the Beeb.
Frankly I don't think I'd ever pass the physical! :facepalm:
We shouldn't laugh, bacteria rule. We are merely a vessel, carry it everywhere we go and we can contaminate other planets too. Perhaps this is a more outward looking job than the description tells us.
Original post by summer1311
"advanced knowledge of planetary protection"

yep definitely know what that means...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending