The Student Room Group

Readmission letter?

I first applied to a uni five years ago, successfully finished one year then did not successfully finish second for personal reasons, took some time out (to deal with these reasons) and now can not continue at the same uni unless I write a good readmission letter. My first one has already been rejected due to concerns I might not finish the degree but they said I could write an additional email and explain why I would be successful this time.
I still have similar concerns now but I think with some support I would do fine.
What can I say to convince them?
Original post by AQuestion1
I first applied to a uni five years ago, successfully finished one year then did not successfully finish second for personal reasons, took some time out (to deal with these reasons) and now can not continue at the same uni unless I write a good readmission letter. My first one has already been rejected due to concerns I might not finish the degree but they said I could write an additional email and explain why I would be successful this time.
I still have similar concerns now but I think with some support I would do fine.
What can I say to convince them?

We can't really say specifically, but in your letter talk about what you've done in your time off. Explain what you've done to improve yourself and your situation and how that has worked out for you, and give more recent examples of times where you've achieved like maybe worked or studied elsewhere successfully as evidence. Explain how you will stop things getting to the point they did previously where you had to leave with things like the kind of support you'll be asking for, and using any techniques you've maybe learned to help yourself out when things are difficult. It's hard to advise when the information is so vague though :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending