Is it true that Albert Einstein was an idiot? Watch

Greenway123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
When he became famous, his school teachers were astounded.
oShahpo
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
He wasn't an idiot. He was brilliant at maths and at languages. He moved to Switzerland early on in his education and he was valued greatly by his teacher there. He had great grades at the Abitur (German high school) which you can Google. He was also incredibly intelligent at university. He had problems with one of his maths professors for being Jewish, as well as contradicting what the professor said sometimes, but he was a genius all through. I think he was bad at French and something else at school, but overall he was a pretty decent student until uni when his genius began to show.
TheFarmerLad
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Obvious troll is obvious
username1221160
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There are various urban myths that he was a failure at school, seen as stupid, etc. I swear they only exist to reassure the thick kids that can barely bang two rocks together that they have a future.
Greenway123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by oShahpo)
He wasn't an idiot. He was brilliant at maths and at languages. He moved to Switzerland early on in his education and he was valued greatly by his teacher there. He had great grades at the Abitur (German high school) which you can Google. He was also incredibly intelligent at university. He had problems with one of his maths professors for being Jewish, as well as contradicting what the professor said sometimes, but he was a genius all through. I think he was bad at French and something else at school, but overall he was a pretty decent student until uni when his genius began to show.
I checked his grades. He got 6's in Algebra, Physics and Geometry, but was 6 the highest possible grade?
oShahpo
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Greenway123)
I checked his grades. He got 6's in Algebra, Physics and Geometry, but was 6 the highest possible grade?
7 was max I believe.
.A_C.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think most professors are really eccentric and are not the full shilling.

When one thing is gained (ie - gifted intelligence) another is lost (ie- your sanity).

Take a look at these child geniuses, they are absolute crackers, but most can't socially interact effectively with people. And yet, they can solve the most complex problems in a split second.

I don't know anything about Einstein, apart form he was a really smart guy, but he probably has some form of mental problem.
oShahpo
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Quantex)
There are various urban myths that he was a failure at school, seen as stupid, etc. I swear they only exist to reassure the thick kids that can barely bang two rocks together that they have a future.
I wasn't dumb at school but I never got high grades. Now I do have a good academic future. I am no way closer to Einstein but not all successful were savants aged 10.
tamil fever
Badges: 18
Report 2 years ago
no.he was a cool guy
lulno
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If he was an idiot then being smart means nothing.
Arran90
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hard experience told me that success - or even acceptance - at school is determined whether or not you fit through a narrow and artificially defined window. Most teachers have a mindset geared around average middle of the road children.

There have been plenty of cases where children were total failures at school but then went on to achieve high grades at GCSE and A Levels after they became home educated.
chocolate orgasm
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
yh he was delusional
PTMalewski
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You've just failed the Turing test.
username3071756
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Did Einstein fail to pass the idiot test on the AppStore?
username2569523
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Mr. Troll Op, an idiot will never get the Noble Prize in Physics. Einstein was a genius.
HardHawk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
then if he was all that ow he failed the exams to go to a technical college? A word of advice never forget to take you anti-stupid pills every day.
pinesandapples2001
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Exams are not IQ tests.
(3.1415926535)
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No he was really good at maths and physics but the reason he was refused entry to uni on his first go was bc he didn’t try in any of the other exams bc he thought history and writing were useless
rod gorry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
When you look at Einstein's work, what did he actually come up with? Sure he disproved Newtons laws and came up with another questionable answer,
username2569523
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rod gorry)
When you look at Einstein's work, what did he actually come up with? Sure he disproved Newtons laws and came up with another questionable answer,
Not sure if srs...

Brownian movement, or the zigzag motion of microscopic particles in suspension. Einstein's findings helped to prove the existence of atoms and molecules.

The quantum theory of light. Einstein proposed that light is composed of separate packets of energy, called quanta or photons, that have some properties of particles and some properties of waves. He also explained the photoelectric effect, which is the emission of electrons from some solids when they're struck by light. Television is a practical application of Einstein's theory of light.

The special theory of relativity. Einstein explained that time and motion are relative to their observers, as long as the speed of light remains constant and natural laws are the same throughout the universe.

The link between mass and energy. The fourth paper expanded on this idea with the famous equation E = mc^2, relating mass and energy. This formula demonstrates that a small particle of matter contains an enormous amount of energy. This forms much of the basis for nuclear energy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (117)
24.43%
Pop (110)
22.96%
Jazz (22)
4.59%
Classical (25)
5.22%
Hip-Hop (87)
18.16%