The Student Room Group

Advanced Learner loan

Hello everyone!
I applied online for the advanced learner loan on 13/7/2017. In a week's time they requested my identity which I sent to them the following day with the declaration form.

I have got my documents back and the status of my application says "We have everything we need and we will contact you in case we need anything else". This has been the same for about two weeks.
Should I ring them up?
Hi Seymourj5,

You wouldn't need to ring up and check as your application would still be within our processing timescales as it can take at least six weeks although it can sometimes be sooner.

If you've sent in everything we need you just need to allow more time. Keep monitoring your online account for an update on this as once approved you will see it on their first.

Thanks
Reply 2
Original post by Laura S SFE
Hi Seymourj5,

You wouldn't need to ring up and check as your application would still be within our processing timescales as it can take at least six weeks although it can sometimes be sooner.

If you've sent in everything we need you just need to allow more time. Keep monitoring your online account for an update on this as once approved you will see it on their first.

Thanks

It has been a month and when I rang them up a week back they told me that the status of my application will be changed in two days which hasn't been done yet. I need some update so that I can arrange the loan if my application is refused. I am worried
Original post by Seymourj5
It has been a month and when I rang them up a week back they told me that the status of my application will be changed in two days which hasn't been done yet. I need some update so that I can arrange the loan if my application is refused. I am worried

Hi Seymourj5,

As we don't have access to your account here I would advise giving the Advanced Learner Loan team a call on 0300 100 0619 to discuss the status of your application.

Thanks,
Stuart
HiWhat are the requirements when applying for an advance learner loan. I I thoroughly read it through and it did not say anything about having permanent residency 3 years before the start of the course.I was denied even though I have permamentioned residency since 2015. I am really annoyed and I have appealed the decision as I don't believe this decision was made following their guideline as a I have search and search and found the same requirements which I match.
Original post by Terryannc
HiWhat are the requirements when applying for an advance learner loan. I I thoroughly read it through and it did not say anything about having permanent residency 3 years before the start of the course.I was denied even though I have permamentioned residency since 2015. I am really annoyed and I have appealed the decision as I don't believe this decision was made following their guideline as a I have search and search and found the same requirements which I match.

Hi Terryannc,

Advanced Learner Loans mirror the eligibility requirements of Student Finance England Higher Education which is 3 years.

Warm regards,

Shaun.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending