The Student Room Group

I do not have sufficient evidence please help!

Hello all

I am applying to start my 6th term at boston college in lincolnshire, however this time i need a student loan. They have asked me to provide proof of addresses for 5 years from 2012 to the present day, but the problem is i was 17 at the time and did not receive any of the documents they require they are:

bank statements
utility bills
council tax records
wage slips
P60

I'm due to start soon and would greatly appreciate any advice on how i can get this sorted.

thank you
Hi aivarassarkunas,

Since you were under 18 for part of the period we require evidence for, you can send in the following: -

Letters from college or school - Attendance letters from schools or colleges must contain dates you attended ‘from and to’ and must be on headed paper and be either hand signed or have a digital signature. School letters that have been sent to the parents about school activities are acceptable for the date they are postmarked but you must be name on them.

Original certificates which would cover the year before the certificate was 'certified' as this would confirm you were in the UK studying. These can only be accepted for one year regardless of qualification. Certificates will be accepted for the year regardless of the amount of hours study stated.

Young person’s account - Showing small amounts in and out e.g. small withdrawals, restaurant visits (i.e. McDonalds etc).

Child tax credits letter - Full and part Tax Credit Award Notices (TCANs) can be accepted if: you were named on them and were under 18 at that time. It can only be accepted for the period eligible for tax credits.

Child benefit - This can be accepted as full evidence for the year of the letter - you must be named on the award (usually named on the reverse of letter).

School reports - Showing year you attended, letter must be on headed paper with full address and hand signed by a teacher.

Remember that all evidence has to be original.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest