The Student Room Group

GCSE Results Day

I'm really worried about results day - I've already had 3/4 nightmares about it and it's all that I can think about. I try to forget about it, and am successful in doing so for about 5-6 hours, then somehow I'm reminded about it, and it just suddenly puts me into what feels like a never-ending state of panic. Is this normal? Also, what can I do to prevent it? I'd love to completely forget about the damn results for a while and enjoy my summer like I should be doing.
Reply 1
I've got the same problem, try not to worry about it. Just try think positively, it's all you can really do.
Original post by marniedavies03
I'm really worried about results day - I've already had 3/4 nightmares about it and it's all that I can think about. I try to forget about it, and am successful in doing so for about 5-6 hours, then somehow I'm reminded about it, and it just suddenly puts me into what feels like a never-ending state of panic. Is this normal? Also, what can I do to prevent it? I'd love to completely forget about the damn results for a while and enjoy my summer like I should be doing.

I'd say it's fairly normal. I don't know you can prevent it, but maybe picking up a hobby or gaming might help put your mind off things?

Either way - Good luck!
Reply 3
Completely normal, I actually had 2 nightmares about my GCSE results, just had one today which was that I opened my envelope and all my results were just Cs, Bs and Ds and I was just crying about it in the toilet while banging my head on the wall, not a nice dream at all.
Original post by The RAR
Completely normal, I actually had 2 nightmares about my GCSE results, just had one today which was that I opened my envelope and all my results were just Cs, Bs and Ds and I was just crying about it in the toilet while banging my head on the wall, not a nice dream at all.

I guess that's why they call it a nightmare :P
I have this recurring dream where I'm sinking forever. As it started just after I realised I'm pretty bad at English and need it for college, it is most likely related.
I only get nightmares if i'm thinking about it before I go to sleep. Try not to go to bed worried.
Honestly just distract yourself as much as you can!! I had the same problem last year and honestly just cram your days full with fun activities and just keep busy!!

Quick Reply

Latest